Travel from the USA – Non EU Folk – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Travel from the USA

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers

Travel from the USA

Community Member
Topic starter
(@jimleland)

Hi All,

My wife and I purchased a flat in Albufeira and are anxious to visit. Any ideas on how we may navigate entering Portugal from the US? We still need to set up our place in person with local Financas so hoping this would qualify as essential business? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. We are both fully vaccinated!

1 Reply

Premium Member
(@peggyl)
Reputable Member

If you are planning to become residents of Portugal, You need to begin that process in the US. Contact your local consulate on-line and see what paperwork will be required. Even if you choose to hire a company to help file all your paperwork and navigate thru all the Portugal requirements, You will still need to gather that US paperwork yourself. Best of luck.

@peggyL

EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online