US Virtual Mailbox – Non EU Folk – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

spartan Fx

US Virtual Mailbox

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@awarrenlove)

I've been reading about the different virtual mailbox services with locations in the US to attach to our US banks and a small partnership my fiance and I have registered in the US, and it seems like all of them have at least a few people who had terrible experiences. None seem like a clear choice to use.

Does anyone have personal experience with any of them? I don't think I'll need package service regularly, just something to get occasional letters. I would also prefer one with a location in a state with no income tax, to avoid any question about a state tax return filing.

Thanks!

6 Replies

Anonymous

So I ran this past an expat community in Ecuador that I have been a member of for a while. I got good reports on "Traveling Mailbox"

The folks who mentioned them get 80 scans per month and the service also deposits checks. They also do mail forwarding. I was told it "wasn't the cheapest option" but the people who used the service thought their pricing was justified given the quality of the service they were getting.

If I hear from others I will post again on this matter.

Anonymous

I had another solid recommendation for TravelingMailbox. This one was from a well known couple from the USA that resides in Ecuador.

Barr
Community Member
(@barr)

Hi Martin. Very interesting. Thanks for that. Do you know of a similar service for UK mail?

1 Reply
 Anonymous

@barr UK PostBox...summary snipped from here:

UK Post Box offers mail forwarding, free PO boxes, street addresses, and an online portal that allows customers to access their scanned mail from anywhere in the world.

Even though UK Post Box only provides UK addresses, customers all over the world utilize the mailbox service. To my knowledge, UK Post Box is the only UK mailbox service offering free PO box addresses.

The mailbox service serves as an online post office, so you have the ability to send letters electronically. All you have to do is type and upload your letters to the portal, and the mailbox service will print and mail them. Customers also have the option to request next day delivery or require signatures to ensure successful delivery of mail/parcels.

The mailbox service offers multiple plans – even a pay-as-you-go plan. The street address plan costs £12 per month (including VAT). The mailbox service also will fill out all required forms to ensure that you are in compliance with all UK customs requirements.

UK Post Box’s website is modern, visually appealing, and overflowing with useful information for nomads and perpetual travelers.

Barr
Community Member
(@barr)

Hi Martin. Thanks so much for the very helpful reply. And sincere apologies for not replying sooner!

1 Reply
 Anonymous

@barr. You’re welcome.  No worries. Life is hectic.

Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online