It's been a while – General Chit Chat & Conversations – Expats Portugal Forum

Welcome to the Expats Portugal forum!

Since 2005, this forum has had over 6,000 people sign up and take part in our community.

It is a place for people who want to move to Portugal and for those already living here to meet and share knowledge through our community.

With the recent revamp of the site, we have chosen to keep the forum on the website rather than create a social media group as we know there are people concerned about privacy and who owns their data. Plus there is a wealth of information from the years gone by that we did not want to lose.

But this forum is nothing without your input. So come on in, take a look around, ask questions and answer a few.

If you are a forum member from the old site and have not reset your password yet, please head over to the My Account section and reset your password today.

Notifications

It's been a while  

Page 1 / 2

cally
(@cally)
Honorable Member

Hello all,

Can't believe it's been over eighteen months since I was last on here.

I was very sorry to read of Simons passing Emma. Such a sad loss and far too young.

I'm not sure how many of you on here remember Steve Masters? He was living in Porto when I joined. He returned to the UK a few years ago. Not sure if he was still on here or not. Sadly Steve passed away yesterday (Sunday), 2 months after being diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. He was 52 years old.

I hope that other familiar names are still here, that you are all well.... and I send you all best wishes.. xx

7 Replies
Victoria1st
(@victoria1st)
Noble Member

Nice to see you back Cally. What have you been up to? Do you come to Portugal?

Yes,sad about Simon. I don't remember Steve but how sad atso young an age.

Take care and keep in touch.

X Camone
(@x-camone)
Noble Member

I have a feeling Steve may have posted on here as tivinho. Hope I haven't got that wrong but I'm sure a lot of the members on here would remember that name - he always had a lot of interesting stuff to say and no, he hasn't been around for some long time.

52 is tragically young.

And hi, Cally - hope you're doing well.

PETERFC
(@peterfc)
Famed Member

Hi Cally

Welcome back from me sadly in Liverpool but not for long. I only came back to help with Mum going into a care home and now I am counting the days when I can return to my home.

Although not quite as busy as the Forum had been you will recognise many who are still alive and kicking and enjoying life in Portugal.

Any news on your long awaited move?

Good luck

Peter

cally
(@cally)
Honorable Member

Hi all, sorry for delay in reply.

Tivinho, that was it X Camone, knew he was under a different name but couldn't remember what.

Things still very much the same for me, still in Welsh Borderlands. Still not got to Portugal. Though did end up with a Portuguese boyfriend for a while. Sadly that didn't last either lol.

I must try and catch up on here more often. Shall have to have a look through, see if any names I recognise.

I hope you are all keeping well?? Xx

Page 1 / 2

You need to be a Paid User to create items and comment on this forum

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

• Over 6,000 members already registered on our forum
  • Post and reply to threads in the Forum (non-members can just view)
  • List products free of charge in Buy, Swap, Sell & Wanted
  • Receive exclusive member benefits and discounts from our partners

Already a member? Log in here

Donate today to gain full accessOnly €20 per year
Share:

Booking.com

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online