It's been a while – General Chit Chat & Conversations – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either log in or register to join in the conversation.

If you are a forum member from the old site and have not reset your password yet, please click on "Lost your password?" on the login page.

Booking.com

It's been a while  

RSS

(@cally)
Honorable Member VIP Member
13/05/2019 1:16 am  

Hello all,

Can't believe it's been over eighteen months since I was last on here.

I was very sorry to read of Simons passing Emma. Such a sad loss and far too young.

I'm not sure how many of you on here remember Steve Masters? He was living in Porto when I joined. He returned to the UK a few years ago. Not sure if he was still on here or not. Sadly Steve passed away yesterday (Sunday), 2 months after being diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. He was 52 years old.

I hope that other familiar names are still here, that you are all well.... and I send you all best wishes.. xx

(@victoria1st)
Noble Member VIP Member
13/05/2019 9:31 am  

Nice to see you back Cally. What have you been up to? Do you come to Portugal?

Yes,sad about Simon. I don't remember Steve but how sad atso young an age.

Take care and keep in touch.

ReplyQuote
(@x-camone)
Noble Member VIP Member
13/05/2019 2:28 pm  

I have a feeling Steve may have posted on here as tivinho. Hope I haven't got that wrong but I'm sure a lot of the members on here would remember that name - he always had a lot of interesting stuff to say and no, he hasn't been around for some long time.

52 is tragically young.

And hi, Cally - hope you're doing well.

ReplyQuote
(@peterfc)
Famed Member VIP Member
13/05/2019 4:27 pm  

Hi Cally

Welcome back from me sadly in Liverpool but not for long. I only came back to help with Mum going into a care home and now I am counting the days when I can return to my home.

Although not quite as busy as the Forum had been you will recognise many who are still alive and kicking and enjoying life in Portugal.

Any news on your long awaited move?

Good luck

Peter

ReplyQuote
(@cally)
04/06/2019 12:06 am  

Hi all, sorry for delay in reply.

Tivinho, that was it X Camone, knew he was under a different name but couldn't remember what.

Things still very much the same for me, still in Welsh Borderlands. Still not got to Portugal. Though did end up with a Portuguese boyfriend for a while. Sadly that didn't last either lol.

I must try and catch up on here more often. Shall have to have a look through, see if any names I recognise.

I hope you are all keeping well?? Xx

ReplyQuote
(@cally)
04/06/2019 12:15 am  

Old Bloke? Topmast? Ana? Few names from the past on here, are they still about?

ReplyQuote
(@mac-mabel)
Estimable Member VIP Member
04/06/2019 11:12 am  

Hello Cally
We’re probably newer additions than you might remember. Old Bloke and Topmast still very much about; Ana - is she the lady from Canada? If so, I’m sure she’s been on here within the past year at least, although time does fly..increasingly... M&M

ReplyQuote
(@mrs-spownall)
Eminent Member VIP Member
02/09/2019 10:21 am  

OMG steve. Thanks cally for posting. He used to comment on my blog, and you feel like you get to know someone that way.

Oh boy. Well at least he could catch up with Simon up there...

ReplyQuote

Explorations Africa Banner Ad

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

• Join any Group within our Online Community
    • Get social on Zoom meet-ups and webinars
    • Include your local events in our events calendar
    • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
    • Receive exclusive member benefits and discounts from our partners
I WANT TO BE A PREMIUM MEMBEROnly €20 per year
Share:

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online