Au pair / child minders – Parents/Children – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Wow Wines Banner

Au pair / child minders

Community Member
Topic starter
(@gisela)

Hi there

Any recommendations on the best way to find an au pair or child minder in the Porto area

Thanks

4 Replies

Community Member
(@rebeccaja)

Hi Gisela, 

The best way is through someone you trust, someone "'de confianca". My experience with an agency was not positive. If you don't speak Portuguese, insist that conversations and paperwork are drafted in English so that you understand the conditions. If you have a cafe you go to, ask the workers who they might know or recommend.  

Hope this helps 🙂 

Admin
(@astridff)

Hi Gisela,

My sister in law (who is Portuguese with perfect English and currently a school teacher) is looking for a job as a nanny. She lives in Coimbra now but would move for the right opportunity.

Let me know if you would be interested in speaking with her.

Astrid

2 Replies
Community Member
(@gisela)

Hi Astrid

Yes absolutely. Could you share her details and I can give her a call

Thanks

Admin
(@astridff)

@gisela are you looking for someone full time?

Wow Wines Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online