Creche/nursery schools – Parents/Children – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Wow Wines Banner
  • spartan Fx

Creche/nursery schools

Community Member
Topic starter
(@gisela)

Hi. 

I am trying to understand the schooling options for my 5 year old. Ideally I would like him to go into a small nurturing english speaking environment before moving into main stream schooling. What are the options available? We will be based in Vila Nova de Gaia so hopefully something close by

2 Replies

Admin
(@astridff)

Hi Gisela, when we first moved to Portugal from Australia, when our girls were 2 and 4, we deliberately put them into Portuguese creche as they would pick up the language really fast. Within a month or two they were already speaking Portuguese. Helped having carers who also spoke English (which most do).

Community Member
Topic starter
(@gisela)

Thanks a mil. Have considered that, am just worried about making the move easier as there is a lot he is leaving behind. With the current COVID situation as the creches open or are their au pairs one could find easily enough 

• Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step move to Portugal online course hosted by Carl Munson. Join today and save €100.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online