Creche/nursery schools – Parents/Children – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Creche/nursery scho...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either log in or register to join in the conversation.

If you are a forum member from the old site and have not reset your password yet, please click on "Lost your password?" on the login page.

Explorations Africa Banner Ad

Creche/nursery schools  

RSS

(@gisela)
Active Member Community Member
27/05/2020 7:08 am  

Hi. 

I am trying to understand the schooling options for my 5 year old. Ideally I would like him to go into a small nurturing english speaking environment before moving into main stream schooling. What are the options available? We will be based in Vila Nova de Gaia so hopefully something close by

(@astridff)
Active Member Admin
27/05/2020 11:00 am  

Hi Gisela, when we first moved to Portugal from Australia, when our girls were 2 and 4, we deliberately put them into Portuguese creche as they would pick up the language really fast. Within a month or two they were already speaking Portuguese. Helped having carers who also spoke English (which most do).

ReplyQuote
(@gisela)
Active Member Community Member
29/05/2020 5:40 am  

Thanks a mil. Have considered that, am just worried about making the move easier as there is a lot he is leaving behind. With the current COVID situation as the creches open or are their au pairs one could find easily enough 

ReplyQuote

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

• Join any Group within our Online Community
    • Get social on Zoom meet-ups and webinars
    • Include your local events in our events calendar
    • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
    • Receive exclusive member benefits and discounts from our partners
I WANT TO BE A PREMIUM MEMBEROnly €20 per year
Share:

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online