Creche/nursery schools – Parents/Children – Expats Portugal Community Forum

acp benefit

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Sovereign Group Leaderboard

Creche/nursery schools

Community Member
Topic starter
(@gisela)

Hi. 

I am trying to understand the schooling options for my 5 year old. Ideally I would like him to go into a small nurturing english speaking environment before moving into main stream schooling. What are the options available? We will be based in Vila Nova de Gaia so hopefully something close by

2 Replies

Admin
(@astridff)

Hi Gisela, when we first moved to Portugal from Australia, when our girls were 2 and 4, we deliberately put them into Portuguese creche as they would pick up the language really fast. Within a month or two they were already speaking Portuguese. Helped having carers who also spoke English (which most do).

Community Member
Topic starter
(@gisela)

Thanks a mil. Have considered that, am just worried about making the move easier as there is a lot he is leaving behind. With the current COVID situation as the creches open or are their au pairs one could find easily enough 

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online