Creche/nursery schools – Parents/Children – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either log in or register to join in the conversation.

If you are a forum member from the old site and have not reset your password yet, please click on "Lost your password?" on the login page.

Ei! Migration Banner

Creche/nursery schools  

Community Member
(@gisela)

Hi. 

I am trying to understand the schooling options for my 5 year old. Ideally I would like him to go into a small nurturing english speaking environment before moving into main stream schooling. What are the options available? We will be based in Vila Nova de Gaia so hopefully something close by

2 Replies
Admin
(@astridff)

Hi Gisela, when we first moved to Portugal from Australia, when our girls were 2 and 4, we deliberately put them into Portuguese creche as they would pick up the language really fast. Within a month or two they were already speaking Portuguese. Helped having carers who also spoke English (which most do).

Community Member
(@gisela)

Thanks a mil. Have considered that, am just worried about making the move easier as there is a lot he is leaving behind. With the current COVID situation as the creches open or are their au pairs one could find easily enough 

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

• Receive exclusive member benefits from our partners: view current offers
      • Priority access to our Zoom meet-ups and webinars
      • Join any Group within our Online Community
      • Include your local events in our events calendar
      • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
I WANT TO BE A PREMIUM MEMBEROnly €25 per year
Share:

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online