Kindergarten discipline in Portugal – Parents/Children – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Kindergarten discipline in Portugal

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@rainbow-toni)

I would like to hear your opinions , Please.

My 5yrs old boy who attends a public kindergarten in Lisbon told me that the teacher and the assistant teacher would tap whoever wasn't listening/behaving on the head with a book. This doesn't sit well with me: even if it's only a tap. Children sitting around not knowing when they will get a book tap on the head. I am trying to keep calm but we give respect to our children and treat them with dignity and this head tapping is a problem

What are your thoughts

Toni

3 Replies

Admin
(@astridff)

My kids are a bit older so can't speak for kindergarten age but it does not sound right. Have you spoken to any of the other parents?

2 Replies
Premium Member
(@rainbow-toni)

@astridff Hi, I don't speak portuguese yet. We have only been here a short while and I don't have access to the other parents accept for the what's up group. I told my boy to say that he is not for hitting if the teacher was to ever do that to him and to scream Para but he is a kid and maybe it's too much to ask of a 5 yrs old to deal with the teacher in this way. Its disheartening

Premium Member
(@rainbow-toni)

@astridff Do you think I should address the teacher or just try to switch teachers quietly without going into details?

Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online