Animal sanctuaries – Pets, Animals and Wildlife – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either log in or register to join in the conversation.

If you are a forum member from the old site and have not reset your password yet, please click on "Lost your password?" on the login page.

Animal sanctuaries  

VIP Member
(@cojabound)
Trusted Member

Hi there forum members,

I'm looking for a sanctuary or welfare charity (not a municple pound if possible) that could take my animals and rehome them in the event of my death. The covid 19 situation has encouraged me to update my will, jolly stuff!

I also wonder if anyone knows of any green or eco burial companies or sites in portugal. Just in case!

Cheers

Angela 

5 Replies
Admin
(@astridff)

Hi Angela,

a couple of years ago when we moved from Portugal to Australia (but later returned) and had two dogs that we had taken in (they had been abandoned) and were beautiful pets for many years. I desperately wanted to find somewhere that could re home them but sadly, all the shelters were full and no one could help. Sadly they were put to rest as we also refused to hand them over to become hunting dogs.

i do hope you have more luck finding a place then we did but is will be difficult.

if you have luck, please come back and share with other members as it would be good to know.

i know it isn’t the response you were looking for.

Astrid

Astrid

1 Reply
VIP Member
(@cojabound)

Trusted Member

@astridff Hi Astrid, that's sad to hear. Portugal has a way to go an the animal front. I will post any info I find. Angela

VIP Member
(@victoria1st)
Noble Member

It would beuseful to know your location.

VIP Member
(@cojabound)
Trusted Member

Hi Victoria

We're in Côja, but realise there might not be a rescue sanctuary nearby. So anywhere really 😀

1 Reply
VIP Member
(@victoria1st)

Noble Member

@cojabound  There's a place called Goldra near Faro/Loule here ... but like all others they are overcrowded.

Hope you sort something satisfactory for the poppets.  This is a worry for all us pet owners.

I admire you for thinking of them.  xx

Sovereign Group Leaderboard

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

• Receive exclusive member benefits from our partners: view current offers
      • Priority access to our Zoom meet-ups and webinars
      • Join any Group within our Online Community
      • Include your local events in our events calendar
      • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
I WANT TO BE A PREMIUM MEMBEROnly €25 per year
Share:

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online