Emergency Volunteers & Fosters Required During Fire Season – Pets, Animals and Wildlife – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Serenity Banner
  • spartan Fx

Emergency Volunteers & Fosters Required During Fire Season

Page 1 / 2

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@auntyems)
Estimable Member

Hi, I am writing on behalf of Pegadas e Bigodes, a dog shelter that some of you may know based near Figueiró dos Vinhos.

With the onset of the fire season, there is always the possibility that the shelter will need evacuating. There are 30-45 dogs there at any one time.

If you would like to support us, during the fire season for emergency relief, or just generally, please get in touch. 965454775.

If an emergency evacuation is required, I will call you & ask if you can go to the shelter and how many dogs you can take.

I look forward to hearing from you.

18 June - we have been evacuating dogs overnight while the roads are still passable. There are many dogs still left at the shelter. Volunteers now have to leave as they are fearful they too will become trapped. Access from the south only. If you can help, please call. 965454775.

6 Replies

VIP Member
(@frances)

Hello I have just seen your request ... we could possibly take some dogs for you during this fire period ... we are based near Arganil and have a large 8ft x 8ft wooden dog shed (concrete floor with wood bed area) within a wired pen (concrete) within a cattle wire fenced garden ... I think this structure could keep a couple of large dogs for you or if you prefer 3 med (12 - 20kg) or 5 small (under 12kg) but they must be good together as I cannot separate them...I also would prefer non hunting type as I do have 2 cats which although cannot access the actual pen (2mtr high but no top, although I will put net shading for the dogs) the cats can get into the garden area thus would torment the dogs which then may fight or try to break out ... please do call if you feel we could be of benefit to you ...964546885 ...

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@auntyems)
Estimable Member

Thank you Frances. We are okay for now, all the dogs are safe & sound. Could I add you to our database for future emergencies? Best wishes, Emma

VIP Member
(@frances)

Sure, if you feel our dog accommodation would be a suitable short term choice in such an emergency....regards

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@auntyems)
Estimable Member

Getting animals to you may be challenging, the shelter's in Figueiro dos Vinhos, but we need all the help we can get in these troubling times.

Thank you.

Page 1 / 2

• Serenity Banner
  • EI Banner
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • Sovereign Group Leaderboard

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online