Ferrets – Pets, Animals and Wildlife – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Ferrets

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@hank_2021)
Trusted Member

Hi guys,

For reasons, I'm curious are pet ferrets a thing in Portugal?

3 Replies
1 Reply
Community Member
(@arteastronomical)

Posted by: @hank_2021

Hi guys,

For reasons, I'm curious are pet ferrets a thing in Portugal?

I dont think so, i dont know anybody that have a ferret (furão in Portuguese) as a pet. 

But they are considered a legal pet animal in Portugal, but they are very rare and not a common animal pet. 

I remember read that they are great to catch the mouses/rats in your property, but never know anybody with one as a pet.

bife
VIP Member
(@bife)
Reputable Member

I just had to answer such a beguiling post with no answers 🙂

The Furão:

https://auchaneeu.auchan.pt/pets/furao/

In Brazil they are 'Exotic' Pets apparently

I have mates at home who keep them for hunting, but dont know of anyone here - will ask PT wife as her Dad and brothers were hunters

bife
VIP Member
(@bife)
Reputable Member

Dont know why that doesnt paste - search clubeportuguesfurao on facebook

O Clube Português do Furão - Animal de Companhia foi criado em 2004 com vista à legalização dos furões enquanto animal de companhia.

A Associação "Clube Português do Furão - Animal de Companhia", foi criada em 2004 através de registo notarial e posterior publicação em Diário da Repú… See More

912 640 159

clubeportuguesdofurao@gmail.com

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online