The Donkey Sanctuary - Estombar, Algarve – Pets, Animals and Wildlife – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• spartan Fx

The Donkey Sanctuary - Estombar, Algarve

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@ali-gator)
Illustrious Member

I am in total shock, a Portuguese friend of the family has just forwarded me the below link and anyone who loves and cares for animals will know of and tell you about The Refúgio dos Burros (Donkey and other animals rescue sanctuary) in the Algarve. My last G.S was from them and my family also support them by donating and purchasing things to/from their shop in Lagoa, as most we know do.
It is a real shock because 160 animals lives are at stake with only 60 days to go. So all you rescue centres out there please take some of these animals and even if your not in Portugal. APAA can you help? Absolutely, gutted this evening as I suspect many are when they hear the news if they have not done so already.
http://www.algarveresident.com/0-54305/ ... s-eviction
Ali and also :x

4 Replies

VIP Member
(@victoria1st)
Noble Member

I may be wrong, but I understand a year or so ago APAA offered around €100,000 to the Sanctuary but it was refused because they didn't agree with certain conditions which had to be met to have the money, which eventually went to other animal charities in the Algarve.

I have a lot of time for the Sanctuary as they saved two of my babies I found at birth, one who died 11 months later and the other who went missing five weeks ago (seven years later), but also for APAA whom I support.

It's a 'two minds' thing with me here.

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@ali-gator)
Illustrious Member

Morning "V"
Actually come to think of it, I believe I also heard something, but nothing actually definite? Hope Martin, is reading the forum, he may know what the situation was/is with APAA. Lets hope some one will step in.Good mind to pop round and see Harry Webb and another up in the hills who plays the violin with me Sun Hat in my hand. Kind Regards Ali

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@ali-gator)
Illustrious Member

Has anyone heard anything about The Donkey Sanctuary and the plight of all the animals etc. Thank you. Ali

VIP Member
(@victoria1st)
Noble Member

Nada from here Ali.

Do you mean Cliff? ... his manager is the next-door neighbour to our friends.

Where is Martin? Has he sold up and returned to the UK ... ?

As far as I know, APAA has no money ... although we and all our friends have paid our dues ...

• Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Join our community for Free, or subscribe for exclusive member-only content, support and hundreds of €’s in savings

Your membership comes with a 14-day, no-risk, money back guarantee. Love it or we’ll refund your money.

Community Member

Full access to our community Forum
FREE
  • Full access to community Forum

Premium Plus

Exclusive member-only content
€347 Year
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Access to our private online Group
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • Weekly Q&A call with Carl Munson
  • Personal support
  • And help us grow this website and community
Popular

Premium Member

Exclusive member-only content
€97 Year
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • And help us grow this website and community

Copyright © 2022 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online