Vet recommendation for USDA Health Certificate (SF / Northern CA / Southern OR) – Pets, Animals and Wildlife – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Vet recommendation for USDA Health Certificate (SF / Northern CA / Southern OR)

4 Posts
3 Users
6 Likes
Premium Member
Topic starter
(@amywnoble)

Does anyone happen to have a recommendation for a vet that can do a Heath Certificate for our small 13-year old dog that we will be bringing with us to Portugal? We are having a hard time finding a vet that will do the paperwork. Thank you so much! Bonus question, for anyone who has done this recently, do you happen to have an easy step by step for the timeline and necessary paperwork...I'm getting conflicting information / advice. We'll be flying from SFO to Lisbon. Would appreciate the help. Thank you a million times :- )

3 Replies

Admin
(@jonesdn2020)
Illustrious Member

I think @Hank_2021 and @Konni went through this.

Premium Member
(@konni)

@amywnoble - we brought our 2 cats with us in June. Our vet in Walnut Creek handled the Certificate (which was sent to the USDA electronically) and then Fed Ex'd to us.Β  All in a tight, 10-day window! (Walnut Creek Veterinary Hospital on Lennon Lane - 925/448-2908)

I used the File from the Facebook page "Americans & Friends PT". If you haven't joined that page, it's got a wealth of information that is generally up-to-date. Check out the FILES section.

There is a quite a bit to do in a small amount of time and some things need to be done in a certain order before you fly out.

Feel free to DM me if you have questions. πŸ™‚

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@amywnoble)

@konni Thank you so much!! I was worried this might be a 6-week or more process.

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year

EI Banner

Share:

Join our community for Free, or subscribe for exclusive member-only content, support and hundreds of €’s in savings

Your membership comes with a 14-day, no-risk, money back guarantee. Love it or we’ll refund your money.

Community Member

Full access to our community Forum
FREE
  • Full access to community Forum

Premium Member

Exclusive member-only content
€97 Year
  • Full access to community Forum
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your β€˜12 part Moving to Portugal" guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • And help us grow this website and community
Popular

Premium Plus

• We are no longer taking applicants for this program
  • Look out for new features on our new site coming soon

Copyright © 2022 Expats Portugal