Expat Thanksgiving - Gauging Interest – Porto and surrounds – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Expat Thanksgiving - Gauging Interest

19 Posts
7 Users
16 Likes
Premium Member
Topic starter
(@misticjeff)

Hey Gang,

Is there any interest from the Porto Expat group (or anyone from anywhere in Portugal) to set up a meet & eat on Thanksgiving?  Some of you may be traveling, others may be headed to see relatives, but there will be a few (or many) that stay locally.

Thought perhaps a total stuffing, gorging, cramming, unadulterated gluttony may be in order at some place like Hard Rock Porto or another fine establishment.

I'll leave this here and see if there are crickets or interest.

18 Replies

VIP Member
(@jonesdn2020)

We were contemplating that idea for the Lisbon meetup. Then we set the 15th date. We are figuring out our Nov plans against already scheduled appointments and will update you.

VIP Member
(@jonesdn2020)

It was weird when we ran into Worten's Black Friday sale this week since we associate that with the day after Thanksgiving.

ivvi
Premium Member
(@vh_bvmbellsouth-net)

Ivan & Vianne - we would be interested in a Thanksgiving "meet up - eat up" in the Porto area.  Thanks!!  Or should we have said "gobble gobble"

Bert
Community Member
(@bert)

I was a yes until you lost me at the Hard Rock Cafe in Porto. Are you intending to meet up at a restaurant (have to say Hard Rock Cade is not on my top 10 list) or have a home cooked meal with everyone somewhere? And also, what day are you speaking of for this? I have heard many different days for Thanksgiving get togethers here, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. If you are looking for home made, I make a killer chestnut port soup for the soup course and I can bake pies. 

Page 1 / 2

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Join our community for Free, or subscribe for exclusive member-only content, support and hundreds of €’s in savings

Your membership comes with a 14-day, no-risk, money back guarantee. Love it or we’ll refund your money.

Community Member

Full access to our community Forum
FREE
  • Full access to community Forum

Premium Member

Exclusive member-only content
€97 Year
  • Full access to community Forum
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal" guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Guaranteed entry to our Migration Tuesdays Visa & Immigration Show
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • And help us grow this website and community
Popular

Premium Plus

• We are no longer taking applicants for this program
  • Look out for new features on our new site coming soon