Porto Meetup Details -- Monday, September 19th, 1pm – Porto and surrounds – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Porto Meetup Details -- Monday, September 19th, 1pm

17 Posts
9 Users
42 Likes
Premium Member
Topic starter
(@hank_2021)

####################################
#                                                                               #
#                            VENUE UPDATE                        #
#                                                                               #
####################################

Hello, everyone. Konni and I visited multiple venues yesterday and did our best to evaluate based on menu, seating availability, ease of access and parking, and disability access.

We  agreed the venue we met at last month (Suggested by Jeff) was the best option:

• It's easy to get to by metro.
  • There is underground parking practically across the street.
  • The prices are affordable.
  • There are vegetarian options on the menu.
  • They have Super Bock. (MOST IMPORTANT)

However, they do not take reservations. That said, the people we talked to said it wouldn't be a problem to accommodate ~20 people if we show up about 12:30 - 1:00pm.

In order to accommodate the group and facilitate disabled access, we'll need to gather outside across from the entrance, rather than the rooftop we had last month.

This has multiple advantages:

• Easy access from the underground parking.
  • Easy access for physically challenged people. Recall that to get to the rooftop we had to climb stairs. This is not a problem with patio seating.
  • Easier conversation. It's much easier to float around the tables and mingle. The sound level is lower. We can arrange tables as we want.

Because of these reasons, Konni and I recommend this venue. I'd say let's do it, if there are no objections.

We REALLY liked the other options that were suggested, but they didn't match up as well with the original venue. Jeff nailed it, really.

See the link below for pictures of the venue and menu:

https://imgur.com/a/NmDnnTs

See the link below for google maps and directions:

https://g.page/casaguedesrooftop?share

Here is the address:

Casa Guedes Rooftop
Praça dos Poveiros 76, 4000-393 Porto, Portugal

Date and Time:

Monday, September 19th, 13:00 (1pm)

16 Replies

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@hank_2021)

This got buried in the original thread, so I'm posting it in it's own separate thread so people can access it easier. There is also an entry in the Official Events area.

Admin
(@jonesdn2020)
Illustrious Member

We will be there early and coordinate with the staff to get the Super Bock flowing 🍺🍻🍺

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@hank_2021)

@jonesdn2020 It's all about the beer!

Premium Member
(@longhornlady)

Great choice of venue. 

3 Replies
Premium Member
(@hank_2021)

@longhornlady Ya, we'll see how it goes. First attempt at a gathering this large. Hopefully, it goes smoothly. If not, there's always somewhere else we can try.

Admin
(@jonesdn2020)

Illustrious Member

@hank_2021 How many confirmations are there? We should be there when they open and can try to coordinate the seating.

Premium Member
(@hank_2021)

@jonesdn2020 Hi Trevor, last I talked with Jeff it was at least 20. In addition, there are others we have talked with online who have said they were coming.

Konni, Jeff, and I previously arranged with the restaurant to be there at least a 1/2 hour before opening to get stuff finalized. We talked with Gerry and Lucy tonight and I think they were planning on coming early too. Please feel free to come too!

We weren't able to make reservations as mentioned previously, but they assured us as long as we show up early we should be fine.

Fingers crossed.

Community Member
(@worldwide)

Super to meet up with you all today 🤗 , you were all lovely, friendly & great fun. Cris & I are looking forward to seeing you all again in the Future. Andy (see attached group photo....you will prob have to login to see it 😉 )

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@konni)

@worldwide Thanks for posting this! Glad to meet you in person!

Page 1 / 2

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Join our community for Free, or subscribe for exclusive member-only content, support and hundreds of €’s in savings

Your membership comes with a 14-day, no-risk, money back guarantee. Love it or we’ll refund your money.

Community Member

Full access to our community Forum
FREE
  • Full access to community Forum

Premium Member

Exclusive member-only content
€97 Year
  • Full access to community Forum
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal" guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • And help us grow this website and community
Popular

Premium Plus

• We are no longer taking applicants for this program
  • Look out for new features on our new site coming soon

Copyright © 2022 Expats Portugal