Boundary / project – Property & Real Estate – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Wow Wines Banner
  • spartan Fx

Boundary / project

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@serjmusic)

Hi , if a casa wall sits on is on the road edge of a back ( tarmac) road , no through road and the casa pre 1951 has a habitation license . It is obviously aloud to exist as is so far ..!
1:could this change at any point in time ?
2: if a project is submitted for general upgrade and extension works will this be a new problem eg the offending wall would have to be removed and placed 3 meters in from the road !
Thank you for any relevant info .

3 Replies

VIP Member
(@peterfc)
Famed Member

Hi

What i would do is take a photo of another similar property to yours and go and ask the Camara "If i buy this property would i have a problem " explain to them your concerns because all you want is general information. It's worth a try.

Peter

VIP Member
(@arq-marcocarrico)
Estimable Member

It depends on the location, if the wall faces a main road then yes the camera may request a demolition.

VIP Member
(@cojabound)
Estimable Member

Peter is right to suggest visiting the camara, they wil tell you exactly what is allowed. Planning laws change frequently here and not all camaras have the sme rules., some are very strict on boundary distances. Good luck!

• Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online