EDP Posts and wires – Property & Real Estate – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Serenity Banner
  • spartan Fx

EDP Posts and wires

Page 1 / 2

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@mrbife)
Honorable Member

Perhaps its just a pet hate for me but I REALLY do hate the mess of wires that we see everywhere, draped across the countryside and at a local level slung between posts to most properties.

If you are lucky enough to live in an urbanisation then the electrical infra structure is put in the ground at an early stage and not seen, everywhere else it really is just a mess.

Does anyone know if there is any kind of EU initiative for the future to ensure that more cables go underground and that even local connections are done without hideous posts. Do the Portuguese people really not notice this or does it hark back to the days when they first had electricity and were keen to have it at any price to the environment.

Has anyone had any success with getting the EDP to bury wires for example where they cross a view ?

9 Replies

VIP Member
(@blueeyesangel)
Estimable Member

I'm not sure about eu initiatives but I did read a recent article about a break through in projected energy... i.e. energy transfer through the air... so far it's at an early stage only covering about 8metres in distance but it's a start :)

VIP Member
(@omostra06)
Noble Member

you might have to be careful if you leave your house with wet hair.....

VIP Member
(@mrforja)
Famed Member

Yeh and i don't think i would want 250000 volts whipping around me ankles when i am sat on the loo thank you very much....

VIP Member
(@mrforja)
Famed Member

Would welcome an answer to the post question because we have a edp one just outside our ground and a pt very close to the edp but just inside our ground both obstruct what is a nice view of the lake.

1 Reply
Community Member
(@colaresjake)

@mrforja Hi there - I appreciate that this post was quite some time ago, but did you have any luck with this? We recently bought a house with power and comms lines in the view and would love a lead on where to begin to get them buried. Happy to pay!

Page 1 / 2

• Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • Serenity Banner
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

• Full access to our community Forum
  • Gain access to our exclusive 12 module ‘Moving to Portugal’ video content
  • Guaranteed entry to our interactive webinars
  • Unlock hundreds of €’s in savings and freebies from our partners
  • Browse the forum with no advertising (only see our partners)
  • Receive community support
  • Email support from Expats Portugal team
  • And last but not least, help us grow this website and community
Join Today€97 per year

Copyright © 2022 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online