List price versus sales price on property in Portugal – Property & Real Estate – Expats Portugal Community Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Sovereign Group Leaderboard

List price versus sales price on property in Portugal  

Community Member
Topic starter
(@silvercoast77)

Hello Everybody

New here and happy to have found this forum of expats in Portugal!

Im from Scandinavia, and have begun researching the property market on the silvercoast, mainly the Peniche area.
I am trying to get a feeling of prices per m2 in Peniche, as this is my dream destination to buy a home one day.

I see prices from 1000€ to 2500€ per m2, fx 90.000€-110.000€ for a 90m2 old apartment and 80.000€-110.000€ for an old town house in the historic centre. This is everything from 80.000€ for a complete town house ruin (only walls), to 110.000€ for a (old but liveable condition) small, 45m2 town house in the historic centre of Peniche.

I know Prices are high in Peniche because of the areas increasing popularity both beacause of the location at the ocean, and because of being a surf destination.

I myself have chosen it because I fell in love with the old part of Peniche (the historic centre of the town) on a surf trip 12 years ago. It was my first trip to Portugal and I fell in love with this part of Portugal and the ocean. I later lived for a couple of years on the westcoast of Algarve in rental accomodation, but I always preferred the west coast further north of Lisbon.

I hope somebody can help me with some knowledge on this: What is the realistic sales price (versus the list price) for property in Peniche area? I think 80.000€ (list price) for an old ruin in the city centre and 110.000€ for a small old 45 m2 house sounds very expensive. But I do not know at what price they actually sell? How much percentage does the list price differ from the actual sales price? In other words, how much can you realistically negotiate the price down from the list price?

Can anybody give me some advise on this? Are there any public listings/websites that shows the actual sales price on property in Portugal? In my home country here in Scandinavia we can see very easily, on public real estate websites, what a property sold for 30 years back in time. So this way you have a very clear picture of the propertys realistic value in an area.

Is that info available somehow in Portugal?

Thank you very much for any guidance!

All the best
Mari

Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you renew your membership.

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online