Habitation licence end date? – Property & Real Estate – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Martinhall banner
  • Wow Wines Banner
  • spartan Fx

Habitation licence end date?

Community Member
Topic starter
(@aspidistra)
Estimable Member

I am going through my house-buying contract and in the bit where it says about what I think is the habitation licence it says 'until' and then a date in about 10 years. I will of course ask my lawyer about this but am so worried I thought I would see if anyone knows- are habitation licences only for a set period of time? I assumed they were a permanent thing?

Topic Tags
3 Replies

Community Member
Topic starter
(@aspidistra)
Estimable Member

Oops cancel that! (I don’t know how to delete a post sorry) it turns out the thing that gets renewed in 10 years is the energy certificate. The joys of google translate. 

2 Replies
Community Member
(@sonia)

Trusted Member

@aspidistra you only need to renew the energy certificate if you plan to sell or rent your house.

The certificate is just another way for people to spend money, the state charge you a fee and you have to pay the professional that does it, but most times it brings no value, it just another requirement to be met.

Community Member
(@aspidistra)

Estimable Member

@sonia thanks 👍

• Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online