Home Insurance and fires?? – Property & Real Estate – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Home Insurance and fires??

5 Posts
4 Users
10 Likes
Premium Member
Topic starter
(@emergentt)

Question for the group. Fire insurance… is it a problem or a challenge to get or maintain?

I ask because in the mountains in California, where the Summer has turned into Fire season (Fall, Winter, Spring, and Fire) many homeowners have found their home insurance rates either quadrupled or their insurance cancelled entirely. It has led to people having to scramble for new insurers, sell, and/ or otherwise have a great deal of stress about their homes during what is already a difficult time…

We are currently traveling in the Algarve and have noticed (maybe?) some fire scars and some articles talk about fires etc… Especially in the hills around Monchique and Loule.

thoughts/opinions/ expertise?  All welcome.

Thanks, Gene

Topic Tags
4 Replies
Community Member
(@aspidistra)

Hi I was quite surprised to hear that it doesn’t affect insurance costs. I think the chap at #winsurance said something about this at their last presentation to the forum, somebody might remember?

VIP Member
(@old-bloke)

Myself, and a number of my friends, got hit by the fires of 2017. None of us has faced increased premiums above the usual increases for inflation.

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@emergentt)

@old-bloke so sorry to hear that you were affected. But also glad to hear that the rates didn’t change. Thank you…

Community Member
(@derrinober)

Insurance can help you avoid unnecessary costs to repair your home in a fire. We've been using home insurance for more than three years. By paying a small amount of money each month, we are assured of the safety and security of our home and property in case of accidents. Especially if you live in an area prone to frequent fires or natural disasters, you are much better off paying for insurance. You can check out the insurance company's services at https://www.youi.com.au/home-insurance. They handle insurance for residential and commercial buildings. I believe that such services are very much in demand and necessary because they make people's lives easier and safe.

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Join our community for Free, or subscribe for exclusive member-only content, support and hundreds of €’s in savings

Your membership comes with a 14-day, no-risk, money back guarantee. Love it or we’ll refund your money.

Community Member

Full access to our community Forum
FREE
  • Full access to community Forum

Premium Member

Exclusive member-only content
€97 Year
  • Full access to community Forum
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal" guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • And help us grow this website and community
Popular

Premium Plus

• We are no longer taking applicants for this program
  • Look out for new features on our new site coming soon

Copyright © 2022 Expats Portugal