Home Insurance and fires?? – Property & Real Estate – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Martinhall banner
  • Wow Wines Banner
  • spartan Fx

Home Insurance and fires??

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@emergentt)
Eminent Member

Question for the group. Fire insurance… is it a problem or a challenge to get or maintain?

I ask because in the mountains in California, where the Summer has turned into Fire season (Fall, Winter, Spring, and Fire) many homeowners have found their home insurance rates either quadrupled or their insurance cancelled entirely. It has led to people having to scramble for new insurers, sell, and/ or otherwise have a great deal of stress about their homes during what is already a difficult time…

We are currently traveling in the Algarve and have noticed (maybe?) some fire scars and some articles talk about fires etc… Especially in the hills around Monchique and Loule.

thoughts/opinions/ expertise?  All welcome.

Thanks, Gene

Topic Tags
3 Replies

Community Member
(@aspidistra)
Estimable Member

Hi I was quite surprised to hear that it doesn’t affect insurance costs. I think the chap at #winsurance said something about this at their last presentation to the forum, somebody might remember?

VIP Member
(@old-bloke)
Noble Member

Myself, and a number of my friends, got hit by the fires of 2017. None of us has faced increased premiums above the usual increases for inflation.

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@emergentt)

Eminent Member

@old-bloke so sorry to hear that you were affected. But also glad to hear that the rates didn’t change. Thank you…

• Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online