Looking to move to Portugal to retire – Property & Real Estate – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Looking to move to Portugal to retire

Community Member
Topic starter
(@matthewpires)

Hello Everyone!!

So glad to see there is such a great resource/community for Expats to Portugal.

I have applied and received my citizenship from my parents since they were born in Azores.  I also received citizenship for my daughter already however I'm waiting for my wife's citizenship from what I understand this process takes a while. 

I'm currently 40 years old and want to retire in Portugal by age 50 but I would like to purchase a home now that I would use for vacation and rent it to vacationers while I'm not there. 

Has anyone here done this and if so do you have any advice?  Are there good services to maintain the home while I'm not there? What is the easiest way to forward mail bills etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

1 Reply

Bert
Premium Member
(@bert)
Estimable Member

Hello Matthew. I don’t know all of the specifics you ask nor of companies that are reputable for management. I am of Portuguese heritage though and all of the Portuguese people I know of in the Central Valley of California who have homes in Portugual, assign a procuração either to a family member or an attorney to manage it

Wow Wines Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online