Finally found a great house, large, modern, in a famous Algarve Golf resort. Now the strange stuff:
* They are not budging on the price, but the opposite they keep saying they will increase the price from 950 to 1.2 mil with the excuse that house prices are increasing and the house is undervalued (another house on the same golf resort is for 1.2)
* They haven't sold in 2 years at 950, with 6 different estate agencies. House is immaculate, T4+1, 3000 plot, nicest house I've even seen inside in my life.
* I've never met the owners in our 3 viewings. The husband is not well mentally, and apparently needs a "court of protection" decision to be allowed to sell the house.
* They sent me a contract where they ask 20%, with no expiry date, no date where they will give my deposit back double if they fail getting that court decision or if it delays too much! Only that they are obliged to sell 60 days after they get the court decision.
* The agents are pushing me to sign it, by various blah blah.
1. Does this all make sense, sounds a bit crazy, but after seeing 50 properties this is the nicest one by far.
2. When buying a house in Portugal and giving deposit, surely there must be a time term in which they have to sell you the house, isn't it? Otherwise why wouldn't they just keep the deposit and the house with the sale "in progress" for decades?
3. What do those of you experienced with buying in Portugal think about all this?