Undecided on where to land... looking for lessons learned (Silver Coast Real Estate) – Property & Real Estate – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Undecided on where to land... looking for lessons learned (Silver Coast Real Estate)

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@charw23)
Trusted Member

Olá, 

Just like many from this forum, we have yet to find a place in Portugal that we don't love. 😎 Unfortunately, it's causing issues, as we can't seem to decide where to land/purchase property. We plan to arrive summer 2021, and originally started looking in the Coimbra area, but that's changed. We now are looking more along the Silver Coast (Marinha Grande, Caldas da Rainha, Torres Vedras and Sintra), as these are all around Int'l school possibilities for our teenager and we really enjoy all of these areas!

We are aware that you can have more than one real estate agent working for you, but were hoping to hear from some of the members as to any recommendations you might have on agents/agencies? Like "we would go with them is we ever opted to do this again", or "no thanks, wish we would have chosen someone else". Would anyone who's had experience in this Silver Coast be willing to share contact information or your experience? Remax, Sapo, Idealista? OLX? ERA? CustoJusto?

This forum has been incredibly helpful to our family, and we greatly appreciate all of you willing to share in your experience(s). We're hoping that someone has been in a similar situation and has some tips. 🙂 Thanks everyone. 

Wishing each of you and yours a wonderful holiday season, and a much better year with 2021!!

Muito obrigada todos, 

Char

3 Replies

QBV
VIP Member
(@bon-ventos)
Trusted Member

Valerie Spencer Becks for the Caldas (and wider) area. Knows her stuff and trustworthy.

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@charw23)

Trusted Member

Thanks so much. Will look her up. Appreciate the info. 

Premium Member
(@pipfinder)

Dear Char,

If you are still looking for a property in those areas I can help as recently I have been appointed the property search guy for Expatsportugal to ensure you are put in touch with a professional agent for your area.

Please contact me at your leisure

colin@expatsportugal.com

All the best

Colin

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online