Boundary / project – Property & Real Estate Related – Expats Portugal Forum

Welcome to the Expats Portugal forum!

Since 2005, this forum has had over 6,000 people sign up and take part in our community.

It is a place for people who want to move to Portugal and for those already living here to meet and share knowledge through our community.

With the recent revamp of the site, we have chosen to keep the forum on the website rather than create a social media group as we know there are people concerned about privacy and who owns their data. Plus there is a wealth of information from the years gone by that we did not want to lose.

But this forum is nothing without your input. So come on in, take a look around, ask questions and answer a few.

If you are a forum member from the old site and have not reset your password yet, please head over to the My Account section and reset your password today.

Storage Express banner

Notifications

Boundary / project  

serjmusic
(@serjmusic)

Hi , if a casa wall sits on is on the road edge of a back ( tarmac) road , no through road and the casa pre 1951 has a habitation license . It is obviously aloud to exist as is so far ..!
1:could this change at any point in time ?
2: if a project is submitted for general upgrade and extension works will this be a new problem eg the offending wall would have to be removed and placed 3 meters in from the road !
Thank you for any relevant info .

3 Replies
PETERFC
(@peterfc)
Famed Member

Hi

What i would do is take a photo of another similar property to yours and go and ask the Camara "If i buy this property would i have a problem " explain to them your concerns because all you want is general information. It's worth a try.

Peter

arq. Marco Carrico
(@arq-marcocarrico)
Estimable Member

It depends on the location, if the wall faces a main road then yes the camera may request a demolition.

Cojabound
(@cojabound)
Trusted Member

Peter is right to suggest visiting the camara, they wil tell you exactly what is allowed. Planning laws change frequently here and not all camaras have the sme rules., some are very strict on boundary distances. Good luck!

You need to be a Paid User to create items and comment on this forum

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

• Over 6,000 members already registered on our forum
  • Post and reply to threads in the Forum (non-members can just view)
  • List products free of charge in Buy, Swap, Sell & Wanted
  • Receive exclusive member benefits and discounts from our partners

Already a member? Log in here

Donate today to gain full accessOnly €20 per year
Share:

Booking.com

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online