Who looks after the telphone cables – Property & Real Estate Related – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Who looks after the...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either log in or register to join in the conversation.

If you are a forum member from the old site and have not reset your password yet, please click on "Lost your password?" on the login page.

Explorations Africa Banner Ad

Who looks after the telphone cables  

RSS

(@stevej)
Noble Member VIP Member
23/12/2019 3:13 pm  

Hi,

After the recent strong winds (I hope everyone is OK and and has not suffered any damage) I noticed that a number of trees nearby are looking decidedly precarious, and if they do fall, they'll bring down the electricity and telephone cables to our house.

I've no idea who owns the land where the trees are, so my first thought is to report it to EDP and hope they take preventative measures. But - with the telephone lines, who should I contact - we have a contract with Vodafone, but presumably they don't manage the cables. Is it Portugal Telecom - neither the PT (ie Altice) nor the Vodafone websites seem to offer any relevant links.

Ta,

Steve

(@joe-k)
Noble Member VIP Member
24/12/2019 10:52 am  

Contact the EDP & PT Telecom asap

ReplyQuote
(@barlaventoexpert)
Honorable Member VIP Member
24/12/2019 12:16 pm  

If you have no joy, takes photos and take them with a map reference into your local Junta da Freguesia on Thursday. Tell them the danger & I'm sure they will pass it on.

If you're worried before that let your local Bombeiros know.

https://www.cm-leiria.pt/pages/98

ReplyQuote
(@stevej)
Noble Member VIP Member
24/12/2019 4:37 pm  

Thanks for your replies.

I've let EDP know, but can't see how to tell the telephone people. Portugal Telecom isn't an entity now, being subsumed into Altice. And their website is very "corporate" with links to MEO, SAPO, and other sub-groups, but nowhere can I see anything about managing the telephone cables network.

I'll try to report it to Vodafone, but I hadn't thought about the ProCiv/Bombeiros route - a good idea.

Ta, Steve

ReplyQuote

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

• Join any Group within our Online Community
    • Get social on Zoom meet-ups and webinars
    • Include your local events in our events calendar
    • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
    • Receive exclusive member benefits and discounts from our partners
I WANT TO BE A PREMIUM MEMBEROnly €20 per year
Share:

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online