Atestado (certificate) de residencia from your Freguesia using proof of your PT address – Red Tape / Business – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Sovereign Group Leaderboard

Atestado (certificate) de residencia from your Freguesia using proof of your PT address

Page 1 / 2

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@jives)
Trusted Member

Does anyone have experience of getting their atestado de residencia from the Freguesia if they are not renting formally or buying a property?

In other, if you have been house sitting at the time or using a air b&B or campsite?

Is it likely to be accepted or rejected?  Does the homeowner need to come with you or will a letter from them and copy of their passport suffice?

We will be house sitting in the Santa Barbara de Nexe (Faro) area and wondered if anyone has specifically been to this Freguesia.

7 Replies

Admin
(@astridff)

HI Jives, this came up at a recent webinar we did (How to call Portugal home before Brexit). You can find it under What's On - Portugal Calling Webinars.

Air Bnb accommodation is not acceptable but if you are housesitting long term, it is. You will need a letter from the homeowner justifying so - not too sure if they need to go with you or not but would think that would help.

Could you also get a utility bill with that address - say for example for your phone? This could also help.

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@jives)

Trusted Member

@astridff I also have it on 'good account' that people are successfully using 'alternative' addresses such as campsites. 

I'm pretty sure it's because they are UK residents and currently fall under EU regulations.  

This alternative route costs quite a few hundred quid so exploring our options.  Seems a shame that we have legit accommodation but might struggle with proof of accommodation. 

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@jives)
Trusted Member

Hi Astrid

I was on the Portugal webinar and it was I who asked the question.  I've listened to the show. Unfortunately, as my question was being asked my computer bombed. Fully crashed!?😖

Nevertheless it's all still rather vague to me and as we only have a short hand over period with home owner I feel ineed more clarity before dragging hapless bystanders into my dilemma. 

In the meantime I've emailed the town hall and will try calling them but I am in the UK so don't want to kill my phone bill. 

KR

J

VIP Member
(@hartmill)
Estimable Member

Don't count on getting a response to an email! You may wait a long time for them to answer the phone. 

VIP Member
(@hartmill)
Estimable Member

I used a friend's address when we first arrived, and the Junta did not ask for any evidence. However the answers you get in Portugal depend on where and who you are speaking to.

Page 1 / 2

EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online