CHave Móvel Digital – Red Tape / Business – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Wow Wines Banner
  • spartan Fx

CHave Móvel Digital

Page 1 / 2

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@stevej)
Noble Member

Hi,

Has anyone used the Chave Móvel Digital system from the PT Government. I'm trying to get it working so I can access the SNS portal (which no longer uses a simple email/password login process).

I have set up the CMD at the local Espaço de Cidadão, and the woman there also took me through the "first use" stage where you have to change the temporary PIN. I can also logon successfully, using the CMD process, to the autenticacao.gov.pt site, so I reckon the CMD and PIN are set up correctly.

But whenever I try to use it to logon to a site that uses it (the Finanças portal, my bank, or the SNS portal) I get so far through - put in the mobile number and the PIN, and then the code that is sent to my mobile via SMS, but every time it comes back with "Not able to connect at the moment, please try later".

Am I missing a stage? Do I have to "tell" the different services somehow that I want to be using the CMD. Is there a time-lag between getting the thing set up (last Thursday) and it being known by each of the services?

Cheers,

Steve

9 Replies

Ask Our Expats Consultant
(@thomasribatejo)

Hmm...  The CMD is the gift that keeps on giving...

It's great when it works, but this could be a temporary glitch.  Is it just happening presently, or has this happened over multiple days?  (I couldn't authorise any card transactions today, for some issue with logins, for instance... and some days, the SNS app doesn't like me - which I guess is understandable!)

There should be minimal (minutes) lag between setup and pull-through, so it suggest to me that, if it's more than just temporary, someone miskeyed something at some stage.  It may be simplest to go back to the EdC and get them to check into it.  You shouldn't have an ongoing issue, and if they check all the numbers at their end, with luck the offending digit or comma will be found.

Boa sorte!

Community Member
(@sonia)
Trusted Member

Did you try with the email option? Does it do the same thing?

Recently I had a similar problem, after several tries I decided to go on the autenticacao.gov.pt site and unauthorized the phone, saved the changes and logged in again and authorized it again. I was able to connect then but I’m not sure if it was because of my actions or if there was some glitch that was solved while I did this.

bife
VIP Member
(@bife)
Reputable Member

I finally got my CMD working, did it for same reason as you - old SNS password not working anymore

I called central services, booked with loja Cidadão (pinhal novo), went there and got it all sorted with temp password

Got home and tried it, but only ever got following SMS after trying for a few days:

'Tentativa de autenticação com Chave Móvel Digital sem conta ativa. Ative a sua Chave Móvel Digital em wwww.autenticacao.gov.pt ou num espaço ou Loja do Cidadão'
[Attempted autenticação with Chave Móvel Digital without an active account. Activate your Chave Móvel Digital at wwww.autenticacao.gov.pt ou at a Citizen's space or shop (Loja do Cidadão).]

So, deep breath, Re-phoned, rebooked and returned to L de C

I used my perm residency as document initially for CMD , so she deleted that one and did a new CMD with my passport as ID document.

Not sure if that was the reason, but whatever, got home and now it works for SNS

Doesnt work for Financas tho, but no prob as my old NIF / password combo still works for that

Apparently, as the lady in the L de C told me, the various Gov Depts are working through getting the CMD integrated into their well-oiled (ahem) machinery, and so YMMV (your mileage may vary)

But I can confirm I have now managed to get the CMD to work for SNS

The fact that I wanted this to try to book an appointment online, but found that I can only book for family planning online (not that much use to a knackered 54 year old dad), made the whole infuriating exercise (No. 362 in a never-ending series) a complete and utter waste of time, but hey-ho - 'that's what we have' 🤣 

EDIT: I just remembered that she told me that the first time you use it with the temp password you have to do it on the central CMD page https://www.autenticacao.gov.pt/

Press the button on the top RHS (Iniciar Sessão) then Cidadão estrangeiro in the pop up and continuar etc etc

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@stevej)
Noble Member

Thanks for all your suggestions - understanding a bit more now how this is supposed to work, I think I get the problem.

When I try to use the CMD to get on the SNS portal, the autenticacao.gov bit of the process works, but the data it reports back includes the line:

"SNS ID - attribute not available"

which I take to mean that the CMD part hasn't got my SNS number registered with it, so when the SNS bit of the process kicks in it has no idea who this "Steve Jones" trying to log in to it actually is - there is no linking key between the CMD bit and the SNS bit.

I will go back to the Espaco de Cidadão and check exactly what data they included in the registration - my memory is that they did it just using my passport details.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers, Steve

1 Reply
 bife
VIP Member
(@bife)

Reputable Member

@stevej 

I have:

Identificação Civil :  Atributo não disponível

But for

Identificação no Serviço Nacional Saúde : 

it has my No. utente

I also have:

Nacionalidade do documento :  IE

She has read my UK passport wrong and put it in the system as Irish, 'United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland' 🤣 

All works tho

Good luck

Page 1 / 2

• Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online