CHave Móvel Digital - Page 2 – Red Tape / Business – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Martinhall banner
  • Wow Wines Banner
  • spartan Fx

CHave Móvel Digital

Page 2 / 2

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@stevej)
Noble Member

Hi,

Has anyone used the Chave Móvel Digital system from the PT Government. I'm trying to get it working so I can access the SNS portal (which no longer uses a simple email/password login process).

I have set up the CMD at the local Espaço de Cidadão, and the woman there also took me through the "first use" stage where you have to change the temporary PIN. I can also logon successfully, using the CMD process, to the autenticacao.gov.pt site, so I reckon the CMD and PIN are set up correctly.

But whenever I try to use it to logon to a site that uses it (the Finanças portal, my bank, or the SNS portal) I get so far through - put in the mobile number and the PIN, and then the code that is sent to my mobile via SMS, but every time it comes back with "Not able to connect at the moment, please try later".

Am I missing a stage? Do I have to "tell" the different services somehow that I want to be using the CMD. Is there a time-lag between getting the thing set up (last Thursday) and it being known by each of the services?

Cheers,

Steve

9 Replies

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@stevej)
Noble Member

Thanks, @bife - that fits. I guess PT citizens will have everything linked through their "Identificação Civil" from their citizens card, which we estrangeiros don't have. So we need to specify which bits of data the CMD needs to include.

I can't get an appointment at our local EdC for a week or so - but I do now know what to be asking when I get there.

Thanks, Steve

Ask Our Expats Consultant
(@pamalcobaca)

Hi, I recently set this up at our loja da cidadão and all works fine for the SNS portal. You receive a code by SMS every time you log in (on a computer, I haven't tried the app!). The woman there told me that it will not work for the finanças portal or for the segurança social portal because we are foreigners and it isn't set up yet for those without a cartão da cidadão. So still use the old log in system for them. Am impressed by the SNS portal though!

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@stevej)
Noble Member

Hi - an update. I went back to the Espaço de Cidadão and we have sorted it with regard to the SNS access. She deleted my CMD record and re-did it from scratch, but making sure that the details of my SNS number were included. All works fine now.

But - it might all have been redundant in any case. The SNS Portal also allows access via the SNS Number, your date of birth and the telephone number registered in your SNS entry. When I tried that route some time ago the details available once you were in the portal were minimal, which is why I wanted to sort the CMD. But, looking again now, it would seem that the level of access via the simpler route is exactly the same as via the CMD route.

So, if you want to access SNS portal, there is no need to get the CMD process set up - and seeing as foreign residents (ie, with no Cartão de Cidadão) can not use any of the other CMD-linked services (like the Finanças portal) I can't see any reason to get the CMD set up.

Cheers, Steve

1 Reply
Admin
(@thomasribatejo)

Reputable Member

@stevej glad you've got it sorted - and it won't be a waste, as the intention is to move pretty much all public services to the CMD login as soon as practically possible.  Personally, I would recommend people do it when they have the time and energy, rather than waiting until it's urgently needed, to find the kind of faff you've experienced then.  Once you have it, and it works, it's another thing of the (long) list of things to set up (which, three years in, we've finally almost finished!)

Page 2 / 2

• Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online