Covid & driving licence renewal – Red Tape / Business – Expats Portugal Community Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Sovereign Group Leaderboard

Covid & driving licence renewal  

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@mickuk)
Estimable Member

Bom dia and good morning to all. Been a good while since my last visit here.

I wasn't sure if this is really the right forum so here's hoping. As an old codger, my driving licence comes up for the 2-year re-validation (with certified good health) halfway through February, but that would be in normal times.

I understand that official acceptance of expired documents has been extended to 31 March (?), but I'm unclear exactly what the overall situation is. Do I still need to get the health check via my doc? Will she still do the renewal online for me?

If anyone has any clarification on this I be grateful. I don't want for obvious reasons to visit the local medical centre if it isn't required. Any comments welcome, and thanks in advance.

~Mick.

2 Replies

VIP Member
(@old-bloke)
Noble Member

Yes, extended to 31/03/21 by Lei 87-A/2020, and beyond that date with proof of an appointment having been made. 

Health certification by a doctor is still required.

If your doctor won't do it online, it can be done online via this website.

https://www.dronline.pt/en/product/atestado-carta-conducao/?gclid=CjwKCAiAi_D_BRApEiwASslbJ9gF1Gf3KabGKEcxTZsFNDemG7piRP-dyvBZc6T0PMxlm_NiwFx5exoCSP0QAvD_BwE

1 Reply
VIP Member
(@mickuk)

Estimable Member

@old-bloke

Hi, and thanks for the reply and info.

I've now made an appointment to start the process with my doc. If it goes like last time, two years back, I'll be sent off to one of the local private clinics for the full works, after which my doc will do the online application if all is well.

I remembered most of this from the last time, but I wasn't sure how things would go given the current Covid situation. The extension will be useful since I have left it rather late, and processing is undoubtedly slower than usual, but as long as the application goes in before my licence expires I think I should be OK.

Once again, thanks for the help!

~Mick.

Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you renew your membership.

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online