fiscal representative, – Red Tape / Business – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

fiscal representative,

15 Posts
3 Users
12 Likes
VIP Member
Topic starter
(@peter354)

Can anybody give me the latest on fiscal representative,

Some years ago i had my solicitor as fiscal representative, then i read somewhere before we left the EEC ,that one wasnt need, so as he was charging 25 euro's a month  decided i didn't need one.  However it possible seem that it might have change when we left EEC

Dont have any tax, or business dealing in the country , though I do own a small house ,so unlikely to have any debts as we go normally 2-3 times a year for month

peter

14 Replies
VIP Member
(@old-bloke)

Before Brexit a FR wasn't needed, post Brexit one is.

Thanks to an extension being granted you have until June this year to appoint one.

12 Replies
VIP Member
(@peter354)

@old-bloke 

Thanks any tips in the best way to keep cost down and what's the penalty is if i dont find one i can afford .

Peter

VIP Member
(@old-bloke)

@peter354 

The cheapest option is to have a friend who is a resident of PT to act as your fiscal rep. The only qualification needed to be a fiscal rep is to be resident in PT.

The last time I looked at the fines for tax offences it was €1 to €500 a day for people and €5 to €5000 a day for companies with a maximum of €110,000 for intentional offences and €30,000 for negligent offences.

VIP Member
(@old-bloke)

@peter354 

An update.

The need to appoint a fiscal rep has been further extended to 31st December 2022 and, as from the 1st July 2022, you can now sign up for online notifications from the tax authority which negates the need for a fiscal rep.

https://www.homepagejuridica.pt/noticias/10940-contribuintes-com-viactt-podem-passar-a-receber-notificacoes-atraves-do-portal-das-financas

VIP Member
(@peter354)

@old-bloke 

hi thanks for the up date as at the moment i dont have anybody to appoint a representative to ,so have been ignoring the whole thing as dont have any taxable accounts ,just my house in Portugal in the hope it would go away

peter

VIP Member
(@old-bloke)

@peter354 

Unfortunately having house (IMI) or car (IUC) means you have a tax liability to Portugal and are obligated to appoint a fiscal rep or sign up for the electronic notifications.

VIP Member
(@peter354)

@old-bloke hi at last got back to read your reply

Dont know if you know an more than i do, as to where i could find the declaration, that needs  to be signed to clear this matter up

Thanks for your help in advance

Peter

VIP Member
(@old-bloke)

@peter354 

You can sign up for the new electronic notifications in your personal area of the Finanças website (I'm assuming you have a password for online access).

VIP Member
(@peter354)

VIP Member
(@peter354)

@old-bloke  I keep geting this message through from ViaCTT - ativar a Caixa Postal Eletrónica
but not sure what it means or what I have to  do ,if anything
Sorry as copied and pasted cant change size or bold

Peter

Excellency Madam), Recipient user: peter edward read 268631611 - EN Your registration with ViaCTT was successful. Security is essential at ViaCTT, without which all the confidentiality and privacy of the mail would not be guaranteed. For this reason, the ViaCTT service recommends the Electronic Postal Box Certification through the Identification of its Holder. Until you complete the Certification, you will only be able to receive mail from the issuing entities that authorize it. ViaCTT provides alternative means to securely prove the identity of the Holder of the Electronic Postal Box: 1 - SEND YOUR IDENTIFICATION DOCUMENTS TO THE VIACTT SERVICE 1.1) Documents required for your personal identification: The. "Certification Proof" signed according to the Identification Document introduced in the register (document available in your Box under “General Profile > Activate Electronic Postal Box > Send Documents”); B. Copy of the identification document introduced in the register; ç. Copy of the Taxpayer Card. 1.2) Method of sending identification documents to the ViaCTT service: The. scan and send the documents by email to the address adhere@viactt.pt or B. send the documents to the following address (no stamping required); Free Shipping 27250 LJ. CTT Praça do Município 1144-003 Lisbon 1.3) The receipt and validation of documents in our services will give rise to the certification of your Electronic Postal Box, which will be confirmed through an alert, sent to the email address you indicated in the registration.

VIP Member
(@old-bloke)

@peter354 

They need to confirm your identity to ensure it is you wanting the service and not a scammer.

Premium Member
(@alleycat)

@old-bloke Can you please tell me if the new FR rule as of 1st July 2022, stating one can now sign up for online notifications from PT tax authority, applies to any expat from any country, or is that rule for GB Brexit expats only? Thanks, AJ

VIP Member
(@old-bloke)

@alleycat 

Open to all.

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@peter354)

thanks for the info.  Bad enough as im in the process of moving in the UK so have paperwork 

coming out of my ears

peter

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Join our community for Free, or subscribe for exclusive member-only content, support and hundreds of €’s in savings

Your membership comes with a 14-day, no-risk, money back guarantee. Love it or we’ll refund your money.

Community Member

Full access to our community Forum
FREE
  • Full access to community Forum

Premium Member

Exclusive member-only content
€97 Year
  • Full access to community Forum
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal" guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • And help us grow this website and community
Popular

Premium Plus

• We are no longer taking applicants for this program
  • Look out for new features on our new site coming soon

Copyright © 2022 Expats Portugal