Invoicing through the tax authority – Red Tape / Business – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Invoicing through the tax authority

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@thr238)
Eminent Member

Hi

I’ve just read that invoicing of clients should be done through the tax authority’s website. Is this correct? I’m curious how this system works.

1. How does this system allow for recurring payments?

2. Would the invoice you create go out in English or in Portuguese? Can you also alter the invoice to add company branding?

3. How are payments received? Just regular to your bank account or through the tax authority and then to your bank account?

4. Would the finished invoice go out electronically to the client, in the same way as if you were using a project management software like Dubsado to produce the invoice?

Thanks for your help.

2 Replies

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@thr238)
Eminent Member

Anyone?

VIP Member
(@richardhenshall)
Noble Member

Either you can invoice using an approved software package which can interface with AT (see https://www.portaldasfinancas.gov.pt/pt/consultaProgCertificadosM24.action ) or you have to manually enter the details into the Portal.  In the latter case there will be little opportunity for branding.

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online