Portugal's State Pension and/or unemployment benefits – Red Tape / Business – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Portugal's State Pe...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either log in or register to join in the conversation.

If you are a forum member from the old site and have not reset your password yet, please click on "Lost your password?" on the login page.

Global Money Transfers

Portugal's State Pension and/or unemployment benefits  

RSS

(@jives)
Eminent Member Premium Member
04/07/2020 11:58 pm  

I'm working on the finances now 🤑 and from what I deduce the income requirements for EU nationals who are economically inactive (early retirement) is either local unemployment benefits rate or state pension rate of that country.

Does anyone know how much the flat rate old age or state pension is so I can calculate what the income requirement is we would need to meet?

The EU union site country-specific doesn't give me a flat figure.  I'm after a reference figure.  And or what the Portugal unemployment benefit flat rate is?

Also, can anyone share actual experiences from Brits or otherwise of what was required in terms of income when you applied in Portugal for residency?

Much obliged,

J 🙂 

(@peterfc)
Famed Member VIP Member
05/07/2020 10:55 am  

Hi Jives

It's a long time ago i got my residency. Not knowing what to take to the Camara, Meo, Financas, Edp and  the same when i went to the doctors i took everything i had. The deeds for my house, passport and as i completed each task i the took those papers.

Don't know if that's a help but good luck

Peter

ReplyQuote
(@jives)
05/07/2020 11:04 am  

Good Morning Peter

I've just been reading about you in the community story section 🤗   My perception of Portugal was it is spicy. Probably based on Nando's experience 🤯 .I guess you are a modern Vasco Da Gamma😁

I'll make a flip file with every original official document we own and carry it in a fire proof box.  Our home will be our van to start off with.

Fingers crossed.

ReplyQuote
(@hartmill)
Estimable Member VIP Member
05/07/2020 11:47 am  

It all depends on where you apply, I have residence, and have never been asked about my income.

Jives liked
ReplyQuote
(@jives)
05/07/2020 1:15 pm  
  • @hartmill I wonder if there's a flood of Bits just before the borders close they may be more stringent🤔 

ReplyQuote
(@richardhenshall)
Noble Member VIP Member
05/07/2020 2:58 pm  

@Jives, I think the minimum 'income' requirement is more linked to the minimum wage and/or the income level at which benefits might be payable, which is around €635 per month.

If you enter as an economically inactive person, declaring adequate means, you will effectively be ineligible for benefits because (a) you said so and (b) because your statement is what allowed you to be eligible to live in Portugal.

If you enter as if you are seeking work it's different. Europa.eu provides an overview, as you've discovered.

Jives liked
ReplyQuote

Blevins Franks Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

• Join any Group within our Online Community
      • Priority access to our Zoom meet-ups and webinars
      • Include your local events in our events calendar
      • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
      • Receive exclusive member benefits from our partners: view current offers
I WANT TO BE A PREMIUM MEMBEROnly €20 per year
Share:

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online