SEF portal now open to Brits: exchanges residency papers for new biometric ID (and protects rights) – Red Tape / Business – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

SEF portal now open to Brits: exchanges residency papers for new biometric ID (and protects rights)

Page 1 / 2

Admin
Topic starter
(@carlm)
Estimable Member

"The Border and Immigration Service (SEF) and the British Embassy in Lisbon launch today the second phase of a joint campaign to inform UK nationals living in Portugal about the procedure to exchange their current residence document for a new permit that confirms their status as residents under the Withdrawal Agreement." -  https://www.portugalresident.com/brexit-sef-and-the-british-embassy-launch-joint-campaign-urging-uk-nationals-to-exchange-residence-documents/

Access the portal here: www.brexit.sef.pt

14 Replies

Premium Member
(@thr238)
Eminent Member

Hi CarlIM. Just wanted to clarify, does this apply to people who only just got their EUCC before 31 Dec. 2020? I've visited the portal but I just wanted to double check. Many thanks.

1 Reply
Admin
(@carlm)

Estimable Member

@thr238 I think that's the case, pre-Brexit Brits in PT. But also maybe a few that are included in the transition too...

Community Member
(@omena)
Eminent Member

Good morning everyone!

Any news about when is going to be possible to get the fingerprints done?

TA

1 Reply
Admin
(@carlm)

Estimable Member

@omena I've not heard anything, but will share any news on the morning show, if I hear of it (-:

Community Member
(@omena)
Eminent Member

Hi Carl, thank you very much for your reply. I also have a question regarding Faro (town). Is it a nice place to live and invest?  Faro was not mentioned during the last online event. I have seen some very nice brand new apartments in Montenegro this week. What about 'quality of life' in Faro? Kind regards,

1 Reply
Admin
(@carlm)

Estimable Member

@omena True! Did you reach out to Prosecco Peggy? I really like Faro town. On the two or three occasions I've been there, it's been a great day out and not as busy or too touristy, as one might expect.

bife
VIP Member
(@bife)
Reputable Member

Hi Carl,

I registered to swap my registration just after it opened

I am just waiting and have heard nothing else

Anything happening on this front or should I just wait?

Cheers

Page 1 / 2

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online