SEF portal now open to Brits: exchanges residency papers for new biometric ID (and protects rights) – Red Tape / Business – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Wow Wines Banner
  • spartan Fx

SEF portal now open to Brits: exchanges residency papers for new biometric ID (and protects rights)

Page 1 / 3

Admin
Topic starter
(@carlm)
Reputable Member

"The Border and Immigration Service (SEF) and the British Embassy in Lisbon launch today the second phase of a joint campaign to inform UK nationals living in Portugal about the procedure to exchange their current residence document for a new permit that confirms their status as residents under the Withdrawal Agreement." - 

Access the portal here: www.brexit.sef.pt

30 Replies

Community Member
(@thr238)
Eminent Member

Hi CarlIM. Just wanted to clarify, does this apply to people who only just got their EUCC before 31 Dec. 2020? I've visited the portal but I just wanted to double check. Many thanks.

1 Reply
Admin
(@carlm)

Reputable Member

@thr238 I think that's the case, pre-Brexit Brits in PT. But also maybe a few that are included in the transition too...

Community Member
(@omena)
Eminent Member

Good morning everyone!

Any news about when is going to be possible to get the fingerprints done?

TA

1 Reply
Admin
(@carlm)

Reputable Member

@omena I've not heard anything, but will share any news on the morning show, if I hear of it (-:

Community Member
(@omena)
Eminent Member

Hi Carl, thank you very much for your reply. I also have a question regarding Faro (town). Is it a nice place to live and invest?  Faro was not mentioned during the last online event. I have seen some very nice brand new apartments in Montenegro this week. What about 'quality of life' in Faro? Kind regards,

2 Replies
Admin
(@carlm)

Reputable Member

@omena True! Did you reach out to Prosecco Peggy? I really like Faro town. On the two or three occasions I've been there, it's been a great day out and not as busy or too touristy, as one might expect.

Community Member
(@aspidistra)

Estimable Member

@omena I think Faro is quite a mix of things, I love the old town and area around the coast. I spoke to a financial advisor who reckoned it was one of the 'up and coming' areas to invest in. it certainly has lots of derelict houses that need doing up.

bife
VIP Member
(@bife)
Reputable Member

Hi Carl,

I registered to swap my registration just after it opened

I am just waiting and have heard nothing else

Anything happening on this front or should I just wait?

Cheers

Page 1 / 3

• Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step move to Portugal online course hosted by Carl Munson. Join today and save €100.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online