US Investment Firms/Charles Schwab – Red Tape / Business – Expats Portugal Community Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Explorations Africa Banner Ad

US Investment Firms/Charles Schwab  

Bert
Premium Member
(@bert)
Eminent Member

Hi, Not sure if my question belongs under this heading but it is what came up when I searched. So, getting ready to relocate to Portugal in retirement 2022. Have been told by my investment firm in the US they cannot invest/represent me if I live in Portugal for more than 6 months and I can't trade in my account, only withdraw. This is similar with several investment firms in the US. I contacted Blevins Franks but they don't deal with the US I was told. I recently contacted Charles Schwab and am told that they do have international accounts and that I could trade in my account in the US myself or they have partnerships with companies that are able to trade (for a fee of course). 

My question is this have any American ex-pats come across this, used or have a Charles Schwab account and if so does it work with ease? Ok thanks. 

Mia Esmeriz Acadamy Banner 1

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for limited access to the forum and meet-ups.

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks:

• Receive over €300+ worth of exclusive member benefits from our partners (view current member perks and benefits)
  • Priority access to our Zoom meet-ups and webinars (visit our What’s On Calendar for our next online events)
  • Browse the forum with no advertising (only see or partners)
  • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
  • Get 10% discount off Ask Our Expats services
  • Buy and sell items in our Classifieds forum
  • And last but not least, shout Astrid, Gerry & Carl a beer on Friday 🙂
Join TodayOnly €25 per year

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online