Census – Visas, Residency & Citizenship – Expats Portugal Community Forum

learn portuguese

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Census

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@vianina)

Hello all,

I see that the census will be starting soon and there is just over a month to return the data. Any idea what happens if nobody is home during that period? For example, working outside Portugal and unable to nip back currently because of Covid restrictions?

Thanks.

4 Replies
VIP Member
(@old-bloke)
Noble Member

@vianina

If you haven't got anyone who can access your post for you and tell you what code you've been issued to do it online, this may help (tenth question down).

https://censos2021.ine.pt/#perguntas-frequentes

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@vianina)

@old-bloke, not sure that any of those are going to work (the helpline is likely to be unable to help if I don’t have my codes). I’m actually thinking I may have to go through the rigmarole of a flying visit just to pick up that code. 

1 Reply
VIP Member
(@old-bloke)

Noble Member

@vianina

If it is of any help in your decision making on whether to scoot back or not, responses should be submitted by the 3rd May.
The law governing the census lists the below as offences, it makes no mention of late responses (unless they choose to class a late response as a failure to provide the information);

Article 21

Counter ordinations

Any of the following behaviours is an offence:

a) Failure to provide the information requested by INE, IP;

b) The provision of inaccurate, insufficient or susceptible to misleading information;

c) Opposition to the steps taken by the people involved in the work to collect the 2021 Census;

d) The refusal of access to the administrative information referred to in article 18.

It lists the applicable fine as being from €250 to €25,000 (which can be halved if the offence was due to negligence).

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@vianina)

@old-bloke, yes, that’s what’s bothering me! It seems absolutely nuts to be planning a trip to empty my mailbox in a pandemic, but I think that’s how the land lies, unless anyone comes up with something better. Thanks for your tips.

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online