Change to Golden Visa Program – Visas, Residency & Citizenship – Expats Portugal Community Forum

learn portuguese

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Change to Golden Visa Program

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@imirim229gmail-com)

I am late to the game here but I saw here the Golden Visa program is changing in mid 2021 whereby the Golden Visa will no longer be available for Lisbon, Porto and the coastal regions.   Does this mean you can't buy property in those places if you come in on D7?   

3 Replies
Premium Member
(@peggyl)
Reputable Member

Hi, welcome to expats! The D7 VISA and the Golden VISA are two different animals ! I don't know about the Golden Visa changes. We came in with regular residency VISAs (D7)  This is the official SEF (immigration) website where you can get reliable information.

https://imigrante.sef.pt/en/solicitar/   

@peggyL

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@imirim229gmail-com)

@peggyl Thank you (Obrigado)!!

Community Member
(@devitodani)

Hi Kevin,

The expected details for Portugal Golden Visa changes will be in force as of January 1st, 2022. Thus, during 2021, proposed candidates can make use of the current investment opportunities and invest in real estates anywhere they like within Portugal, including Lisbon, Porto and the coastal regions. More about the new rules or the Portugal Golden Visa program you can learn from this detailed guide https://www.portugal-golden-visa.pt/

There is and a lot of info about the D7 Visa too.

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online