D7 Approved – Visas, Residency & Citizenship – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

D7 Approved

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@iamglove)

I started my D7 process around mid June.  I had my appointment at VFS in SF in the beginning of August.  My D7 visa was approved in the beginning of Sept and I'm moving to Lisbon on Oct. 18th.  I have my SEF appointment in Jan.  Most of the process went very smooth.  I used a local Lisbon firm called Atlantic Bridge to handle the process.  They were great during the entire process.  Hardest part of the process was getting a landlord to write a lease for an apartment and not being there.  Thanks to Expat Portugal community.

Topic Tags
D7
7 Replies

Community Member
(@aspidistra)
Estimable Member

Woohoo! Congratulations to you! 

2 Replies
Premium Member
(@iamglove)

@aspidistra  Thank you.  Looking forward to the move.

Premium Member
(@mrsbrabbit)

Eminent Member

@iamglove Yes! Congratulations!

🇵🇹 All the best! 

Landing there next year.

Ralf
Premium Member
(@ralf)
Estimable Member

Wow, that was FAST. That is helpful, and I think about the timing of things nearly daily, and really not sure what to expect in terms of how long the process might take. But yes, my mileage my vary. Still, good to hear from ya on this, and good for you! Congrats.

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@iamglove)

@ralf I was quite surprised on how fast I was approved also.  When I left my VFS appointment in San Francisco I was told it could take up to 12 weeks to get a reply back.  It took exactly 29 days.  I will say my attorney had all my paperwork well prepared.

Premium Member
(@hank_2021)
Estimable Member

Thanks so much for sharing.  I've heard so many different things about how long the process is taking right now.  Very nice to hear your experience. 

KLC
Community Member
(@klc)
Eminent Member

Congratulations! That’s great news. My boyfriend applied late August and we are still waiting. Fingers crossed we hear soon. If he get denied we have a Plan B. Come to Portugal and use it as a scouting trip/vacation for 90 days.  We have a flight booked for Dec.

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online