D7 Approved – Visas, Residency & Citizenship – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

D7 Approved

8 Posts
6 Users
42 Likes
Community Member
Topic starter
(@iamglove)

I started my D7 process around mid June.  I had my appointment at VFS in SF in the beginning of August.  My D7 visa was approved in the beginning of Sept and I'm moving to Lisbon on Oct. 18th.  I have my SEF appointment in Jan.  Most of the process went very smooth.  I used a local Lisbon firm called Atlantic Bridge to handle the process.  They were great during the entire process.  Hardest part of the process was getting a landlord to write a lease for an apartment and not being there.  Thanks to Expat Portugal community.

Topic Tags
D7
7 Replies
Community Member
(@aspidistra)

Woohoo! Congratulations to you! 

2 Replies
Community Member
(@iamglove)

@aspidistra  Thank you.  Looking forward to the move.

Community Member
(@mrsbrabbit)

@iamglove Yes! Congratulations!

🇵🇹 All the best! 

Landing there next year.

Ralf
Premium Member
(@ralf)

Wow, that was FAST. That is helpful, and I think about the timing of things nearly daily, and really not sure what to expect in terms of how long the process might take. But yes, my mileage my vary. Still, good to hear from ya on this, and good for you! Congrats.

1 Reply
Community Member
(@iamglove)

@ralf I was quite surprised on how fast I was approved also.  When I left my VFS appointment in San Francisco I was told it could take up to 12 weeks to get a reply back.  It took exactly 29 days.  I will say my attorney had all my paperwork well prepared.

Premium Member
(@hank_2021)

Thanks so much for sharing.  I've heard so many different things about how long the process is taking right now.  Very nice to hear your experience. 

KLC
Community Member
(@klc)

Congratulations! That’s great news. My boyfriend applied late August and we are still waiting. Fingers crossed we hear soon. If he get denied we have a Plan B. Come to Portugal and use it as a scouting trip/vacation for 90 days.  We have a flight booked for Dec.

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Join our community for Free, or subscribe for exclusive member-only content, support and hundreds of €’s in savings

Your membership comes with a 14-day, no-risk, money back guarantee. Love it or we’ll refund your money.

Community Member

Full access to our community Forum
FREE
  • Full access to community Forum

Premium Member

Exclusive member-only content
€97 Year
  • Full access to community Forum
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal" guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • And help us grow this website and community
Popular

Premium Plus

• We are no longer taking applicants for this program
  • Look out for new features on our new site coming soon

Copyright © 2022 Expats Portugal