D7 VISA: Savings, income, etc. - Page 2 – Visas, Residency & Citizenship – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

D7 VISA: Savings, income, etc.

Page 2 / 2

Community Member
Topic starter
(@mac90)

Oi como vai!

It's hard to get a clear answer on the $$ required for the D7.

I have 500,000 in savings, but my only income is from interest and dividends.
Will this qualify?  It should, but no one seems to know for sure. I heard that 2 years worth of $$ put into a Portugal bank (about 35,000) should do it. 

Any info appreciated, thanks!

Topic Tags
16 Replies

Premium Member
(@paulr)
Estimable Member

Hi John , Your not wrong, However when you get older that time frame becomes very important. Like you, I have spent several years year travelling in PT and are happy to say, I do know the Algarve very well.Plus I have many PT friends besides Expats. We own our own place tick every single box in the application process and in October we start again with our 90 day Visa allocation,  so we have 3 months to sort it . This will be a permanent move and with help from Pt friends . When you can get nowhere in your own country  with VFS/PT embassies, you have to look at alternatives.

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@jgibson)

Reputable Member

@paulr I feel unsettled about the state of things and have pushed up my personal schedule to relocate sooner than original planned. Not sure about Blackstone buying VFS Global. Blackstone has been on a buying spree buying up entire housing tracts my guess they will become the largest landlord in the United States

Premium Member
(@jeanne)
Reputable Member

Going back to Brandy's original posting, she was wondering whether a certain financial construction involving savings and her business income would meet D7 requirements. I think it would be worth checking with EI or some other professional sooner rather than later. If - undercurrent D7 rules - Brandy's proposed arrangement would NOT be acceptable, knowing that NOW would be useful and  will leave her sufficient time to think about restructuring her business and finances to improve her chances down the road. 

1 Reply
Community Member
(@brandy)

Eminent Member

@jeanne, thanks for weighing in on this! I received a marketing email from Sally just today about the Premium Plus & Expats Portugal Plan, which looks like it includes a personalized plan that takes into account our financial situation and visa options. From what I've read about others' experiences, this plan sounds similar to what Ei helps with--maybe it's a collaboration with them.

Page 2 / 2

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

ONLY €47 PER YEAR

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks. But hurry, price increases on 1 January 2022. Beat the clock and join today!

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online