Hague Apostille Companies in the USA – Visas, Residency & Citizenship – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Hague Apostille Companies in the USA

Page 1 / 3

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@andrewcza)

Hi,

I am working on some of the paperwork and have been asked to get a Hague Apostille attached to the Paperwork.

I was wondering what Companies others in the USA have used to do this for Paperwork destined to Portugal?

Regards

Andrew

43 Replies

Bert
Premium Member
(@bert)
Estimable Member

Where do you live? I live in California. You can either do it yourself and take it to the State Department (check website in your state for Secretary of State) or find a company to do it. I found one that was quite reasonable in Sacramento and also had DHL shipper at the same site I dropped off and picked up the documents. Will use for all future apostille needs. I would recommend where ever you hail from you call around for prices. I saw many companies charge anywhere from $100-$250 and the company I used was $60. Hope this helps. 

Premium Member
(@brittan)

I live in Boise, the Capitol of Idaho so access to the Secretary of state was easy. I was able to drop my notarized paperwork off and pick it up 2 hours later, cost was $10. 

If you live in CA or another highly populated, red tape riddled highly taxed state then it would probably be worth paying a third party fee. 

3 Replies
 Bert
Premium Member
(@bert)

Estimable Member

@brittan I agree with that! Used to live in Boise myself. Where do you live there?

Premium Member
(@brittan)

@bert

We're up on Crescent Rim west of the Train Depot. Been here for 6 years now, from La Quinta.   

lin
Premium Member
(@lin)

@brittan. It's actually very easy to access the S.o.S. office by phone here in CA.  You leave a message and a real person calls back within decent timeframe.  They are also pretty helpful and polite.  Why would you think otherwise?  Do you have actual experience dealing with CA authorities?

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@andrewcza)

I live in Houston Texas.

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@charw23)

Trusted Member

@andrewcza

Hey Andrew, 

Check out this link for the Secretary of State. The other services are MUCH higher priced. Apostilles/Authentication of Documents (state.tx.us) Although they are located in Austin, and not Houston, it might be worth a call... perhaps they have a recommendation closer to you. If you aren't in a huge time crunch, check-out their *mail in* option at the bottom of the page. 

We had any of our docs (that required) apostilles, completed in Olympia, WA, with the Sec. of State as well. About $15 per apostille. Easy process and it will walk you through what's needed.

All the best

char

tdn
Community Member
(@tdn)
Estimable Member

Hi Andrew, 

try a Secretary of State first, go online, do google search “secretary of state Texas apostille, and find out, if you can drop off your notarized documents for a quick turn around, if you live close to a SoS office, or if you can mail you paperworks to the SoS (processing might take longer).
For me it was very easy and cheap. I live in California in a close proximity to the SoS office. Just a few days ago I dropped off my notarized documents at the SoS. It took me only 15 minutes (not counting driving) to walk to the building, go through a security, fill in the cover sheet provided, write a check, seal all documents in an envelope provided, drop it off into a Dropbox on site, and walk back to my car. And it cost me only $20 for a single apostille, plus $6 for handling. And a $1.50 for a street parking.  In about two weeks I am expecting a phone call to come back and pick up my apostille. 

if you are in a rush and live too far from the SoS office, your best friend would be a third party.

Good luck!

Page 1 / 3

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online