Importance of shopping around online for Expat services – Visas, Residency & Citizenship – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Importance of shopping around online for Expat services

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@berryman)

Hello my fellow Expats. A quick cautionary tale, I wanted info regarding applying for the NHR and wanted to use a local business in my area (Nazare - Alcobaça)  I won't mention any names but to start with they wanted €200 to have a consultation to tell me what services they offered and the cost of each service.  I thought that was a bit rich and advised them that it should be on their web page as standard customer information. Anyway I got a follow up email quoting me €1000 to make the NHR application on my behalf. Needless to say I didn't take them up on the offer. My point is there will always be people looking to rip off Expats who are relying on others to help guide them thru the various processes. Please just do a bit of research online there are many wonderful and helpful Portuguese businesses who charge a fair rate for their expertise and services.  A good starting point is the Business Directory on Expats Portugal.

6 Replies

VIP Member
(@old-bloke)
Noble Member
Posted by: @berryman

Anyway I got a follow up email quoting me €1000 to make the NHR application on my behalf.

Flipping heck, it shouldn't take anyone more than 10 minutes to apply for it on the Portal das Finanças website.

https://info.portaldasfinancas.gov.pt/pt/apoio_contribuinte/Folhetos_informativos/Documents/Non_regular_residents_Registration_for_tax_purposes.pdf

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@berryman)

@old-bloke "Flipping Heck" indeed, though i used another word starting with "F" followed by "Hell"  🤣

Premium Member
(@itexpert7)
Estimable Member

I paid 400 euros for 2 people for NHR. But they offered so much free help with everything else, appointments for residency, driving licence exchanges, etc. They were very good in the dark days we moved here.
I used All Finance Matters in Tavira.
I got the NIFs for free by visiting the local financas after making appointments by emailing them!

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@berryman)

@itexpert7 Thanks for the tip have them bookmarked now.

Admin UserGroup
(@gerry)
Honorable Member

@Berryman Thanks for your comments regarding our business directory. We do try to select suppliers based on their service levels, reputation and value for money and we constantly monitor their performance based on the feedback we receive from our members. It is not unknown for us to drop a supplier based on negative feedback. 

Also worth mentioning here that as our Premium Member, you are entitled to a free consultation with All Finance Matters one of our highly recommended suppliers!

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@berryman)

Thanks Gerry have got them earmarked, for future use. 

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Join our community for Free, or subscribe for exclusive member-only content, support and hundreds of €’s in savings

Your membership comes with a 14-day, no-risk, money back guarantee. Love it or we’ll refund your money.

Community Member

Full access to our community Forum
FREE
  • Full access to community Forum

Premium Plus

Exclusive member-only content
€347 Year
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Access to our private online Group
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • Weekly Q&A call with Carl Munson
  • Personal support
  • And help us grow this website and community
Popular

Premium Member

Exclusive member-only content
€97 Year
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • And help us grow this website and community

Copyright © 2022 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online