New Work-seeker Visa – Visas, Residency & Citizenship – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

New Work-seeker Visa

8 Posts
3 Users
4 Likes
Community Member
Topic starter
(@mscarrie)

Does anyone know how to apply for the New Work Seeker Visa? And the requirements? 
Thanks!

7 Replies

Admin
(@jonesdn2020)
Illustrious Member

Hi Carrie and welcome to the forums! The legislation is so new we are watching how it will be implemented. This link is to the applicable law. This link is to the requirements.

I did hear something about a decision you need to make on whether you intend to apply for a temporary residence or not. I will let you know if I find or hear anything further.

2 Replies
Community Member
(@mscarrie)

@jonesdn2020 Thank for the links and the reply!

Admin
(@jonesdn2020)

Illustrious Member

@mscarrie Now I remember the gotcha. It is not finding work and not having the ability to qualify for residence without it. You are basically on a long holiday in Portugal. Now with the accommodation prices it may not be a cheap holiday.

Community Member
(@antonio_f)

Reading the law @jonesdn2020 mentioned, you'll have to apply in your nearest portuguese consulate. If you don't have a criminal record and/or aren't forbidden of entering the EU, you'll need a valid travel insurance, valid passport, return ticket and the money to support you while you're in Portugal (in case you don't find a job).

3 Replies
Admin
(@jonesdn2020)

Illustrious Member

@antonio_f In the US that would be a VFS office and the link is here. There are several based on your state of residence. I just checked and I do not see that they have added this visa type to the menu options. That doesn't surprise me since the law was passed on August 26.

Community Member
(@mscarrie)

@jonesdn2020 So this is the website to keep an eye on, thanks!

Community Member
(@mscarrie)

Thanks @antonio_f! Sounds like I might finally qualify for a visa!

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Join our community for Free, or subscribe for exclusive member-only content, support and hundreds of €’s in savings

Your membership comes with a 14-day, no-risk, money back guarantee. Love it or we’ll refund your money.

Community Member

Full access to our community Forum
FREE
  • Full access to community Forum

Premium Member

Exclusive member-only content
€97 Year
  • Full access to community Forum
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal" guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • And help us grow this website and community
Popular

Premium Plus

• We are no longer taking applicants for this program
  • Look out for new features on our new site coming soon

Copyright © 2022 Expats Portugal