Scheduling appointments - English speakers - help thread – Visas, Residency & Citizenship – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Scheduling appointments - English speakers - help thread

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@dzid_)

It's becoming harder for non-Portuguese speakers to navigate the Portuguese bureaucracy after Covid, thanks to the requirement for scheduling appointments everywhere. 

One trick for Serviço de Finanças office is to schedule the appointment online (if a person already received a password via mail). Guide:

Second, it would be helpful to collect information on offices and phone numbers that have English speakers. 

- Você fala inglês?  😉  

- A little bit   🙂

Topic Tags
2 Replies

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@dzid_)

My experience so far:

NIF:

• Finances Lisboa 2, 4, 9, and Oeiras 3(alges) responded by email when written in Portuguese. Good enough.
  • Finance Lisboa 4 and Oeiras 2(3) actually scheduled appointments for me by email after asking.
    The only problem was I didn't have control over when it will be scheduled.

CRUE:

• Câmara Municipal de Oeiras (which is Câmara for Alges) has many English speakers and they talked over the phone in English.
    Câmara in Lisbon seems to have an appointment system for CRUE: and I assume they have English speakers because it is Lisbon.
Atestado De Residência:
  • União das Freguesias de Algés (with Junta de Fregusia built-in) has a person that speaks English (Paul) - he called me back after I filled online form that they have.

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@dzid_)

Now, I created this thread because I also would like to ask for help. 

I need my Portuguese resident NIF appointment fast! After quite a bit of effort, I was able to schedule it after 1 month. This is too late 🙁 

Can someone that has access to their financss portal post a screenshot or dates where currently Lisbon area it is possible to get an appointment the quickest (say within 1-2 weeks)?! 

Then I can narrow down my effort. 

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online