SEF appointment for biometric card – Visas, Residency & Citizenship – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

SEF appointment for biometric card

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@wt)
Eminent Member

I am British and  obtained residence just before Brexit.After being delayed by covid to move over , I moved last  May and applied for biometric card about July .I was told there were long delays due to covid but haven't heard anything about an appointment. is this long delay what others are experiencing?

6 Replies

VIP Member
(@old-bloke)
Noble Member
Posted by: @wt

is this long delay what others are experiencing?

Yes, all of us on mainland Portugal are still waiting for it to happen.

3 Replies
Premium Member
(@wt)

Eminent Member

@old-bloke  Thanks  I didn't know if just me as in rural area   I had missed  the communication. I assume they will email an appointment  ?

I had to come back to UK as my partner has cancer and undergoing chemo .

VIP Member
(@old-bloke)

Noble Member

@wt 

Sorry I can't remember how they contacted the Brits during the recent trial role-out they did on the islands. 

Premium Member
(@wt)

Eminent Member

@old-bloke Well Ill have  to wait and see  like everyone > It would be good to know when you hear

Community Member
(@ismoore999)

I wrote to SEF only last week - Below is the content of their reply

Dear Sir/Madam,

British nationals that already registered on the Brexit Portal ( https://brexit.sef.pt/pedido/ ), will be notified by email, to collect your biometric data (photograph, signature, fingerprints and changes of data) for the new residence permit, this will be done in chronological order by date of registration.

We inform you that the notifications to collect the biometric data of British citizens residing in Madeira and Azores Islands with registration on the Brexit website, has already started.

The notification procedure for British citizens residing on the mainland and registered on Brexit website will soon start, following the chronological order of registration.

The Town Hall registration certificates issued until December 31, 2020, and the Certificate of application for residence permit, article 50 of TEU (QR Code document) issued by the Brexit Portal,  proves the official residence and beneficiary status of the withdrawal Agreement until the new residence cards are issued.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to go to our website: https://brexit.sef.pt/en/ or contact the Brexit line through the number +351 21 711 50 45, available every working day from 08:00 a.m. to 08:00 p.m.

Premium Member
(@iainp)

The Certificate of Registration is only good if the foreign immigration accept it. Have had to explain to immigration and checkin staff in Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Dublin and Heathrow what it is. Luckily I had copies of rental agreement, NIF, NOS and bank account to prove I lived here. 

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Join our community for Free, or subscribe for exclusive member-only content, support and hundreds of €’s in savings

Your membership comes with a 14-day, no-risk, money back guarantee. Love it or we’ll refund your money.

Community Member

Full access to our community Forum
FREE
  • Full access to community Forum

Premium Plus

Exclusive member-only content
€347 Year
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Access to our private online Group
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • Weekly Q&A call with Carl Munson
  • Personal support
  • And help us grow this website and community
Popular

Premium Member

Exclusive member-only content
€97 Year
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • And help us grow this website and community

Copyright © 2022 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online