The Digital Mobile Key – Visas, Residency & Citizenship – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

The Digital Mobile Key

10 Posts
3 Users
6 Likes
VIP Member
Topic starter
(@jonesdn2020)

Our attempts keep failing to get one. It says"The Digital Mobile Key associates a mobile phone number with the civil identification number for a Portuguese citizen, and the passport or title/residence card number for a foreign citizen."

We try to authenticate for the key with finance portal access and it says we do not qualify.

Anyone with a resident permit able to get one? 

9 Replies

Premium Member
(@blaze451)

I will be following as looking to get one myself once change status to resident. 

Daft question but is your registered phone number portuguese?

I believe you can also go to your local public services bureau (Espaço Cidadão da Loja de Cidadão) and request it there

3 Replies
Premium Member
(@blaze451)

actually now I think about it I'm sure I read somewhere only citizens can get it online, anyone else has to go to the bureau. 

VIP Member
(@jonesdn2020)

@blaze451 Yea, that was what I was thinking. Hoping someone else went and was successful so we don't have to be the guinea pigs.

VIP Member
(@jonesdn2020)

@blaze451 The instructions aren't clear, but I believe you have to bring your NIF with you.

Premium Member
(@blaze451)

found it. It says - warning: if you have an Identity Document instead of a Citizen Card, you must activate the Digital Mobile Key at a face-to-face service desk.

advice also given on what is needed.

You need:

• An identification document
    • if you are a national citizen, you can activate with the Citizen Card, Identity Document or passport
    • if you are a foreign citizen, you can enable with the passport, residence permit or card
  • a mobile phone number and correspondent mobile phone at the moment of activation
  • Warning: If you are a foreign citizen, you must have a tax payer number to activate the Digital Mobile Key with the Residence Permit or Card. If you want to activate the Digital Mobile Key with a passport, you recommend you to also associate the tax payer number.

https://eportugal.gov.pt/en/servicos/ativar-a-chave-movel-digital

1 Reply
VIP Member
(@jonesdn2020)

@blaze451 I will add it to the list of things to do. It all started with the bloody CUF app and it will only take the digital key.

Ask our Expat Consultant
(@thomasribatejo)

Yes, face to face is the only reliable way, and it may take the person in the Loja de Cidadão a few tries, based on our attempts (and people we know, too). We got there in the end, after a couple of visits. Note that, even when sorted, there is some information that the system would contain for a citizen, which it won't for a resident, so not all Chave Móvel Digital systems may work for you even after it's set up.

2 Replies
VIP Member
(@jonesdn2020)

@thomasribatejo Thanks for the tips! Turns out CUF front desk can setup our access without the digital key in the meantime. We just found out after leaving there so will attempt that on the next visit.

VIP Member
(@jonesdn2020)

We should have read Marta from Serenity Care, Lda | Expats Portugal email last night telling us to setup the app on our visit today. 

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Join our community for Free, or subscribe for exclusive member-only content, support and hundreds of €’s in savings

Your membership comes with a 14-day, no-risk, money back guarantee. Love it or we’ll refund your money.

Community Member

Full access to our community Forum
FREE
  • Full access to community Forum

Premium Member

Exclusive member-only content
€97 Year
  • Full access to community Forum
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal" guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Guaranteed entry to our Migration Tuesdays Visa & Immigration Show
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • And help us grow this website and community
Popular

Premium Plus

• We are no longer taking applicants for this program
  • Look out for new features on our new site coming soon