Tourist visas being approved? (family reunification for d7) – Visas, Residency & Citizenship – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Tourist visas being approved? (family reunification for d7)

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@watanabe)

I applied for a solo D7 visa for myself as the embassy I was dealing with was being a major pain in the ***.

It's been granted and now I have to consider how to actually move the rest of my family to Portugal. I have a wife and 4 children (1, 3, 7, 13) so it is not really desirable to move to Portugal first and have them come later (my poor wife!). Further complicating things, my wife only has an Indian passport, and so is not eligible for a Schengen visa on arrival (kids and I all have Japanese passports).

On top of that, with current covid restrictions, it seems like Portugal may not be open for tourist visas (wife, myself and 13 y/o are vaccinated and have the cert, but it's from Japan which doesn't seem to have reciprocity with the EU system). The plan I've come up with is as follows:

1. Get wife a Schengen tourist visa for 90 days from Spain/France/etc

2. Fly to country in #1, go through immigration there, then continue on to Portugal.

3. Begin family reunification process once in Portugal

Wondering if anyone has any recent experience with getting a tourist visa to Portugal, as that would simplify the process greatly.

1 Reply

Community Member
(@latisha)
Eminent Member

I am curious about this process as well. Have you gotten any more info? I have a 7 year old and I’m trying to figure out if I apply for her at my Visa appt or do I have to apply for myself, get approved and then go to Portugal and apply?

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Join our community for Free, or subscribe for exclusive member-only content, support and hundreds of €’s in savings

Your membership comes with a 14-day, no-risk, money back guarantee. Love it or we’ll refund your money.

Community Member

Full access to our community Forum
FREE
  • Full access to community Forum

Premium Plus

Exclusive member-only content
€347 Year
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Access to our private online Group
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • Weekly Q&A call with Carl Munson
  • Personal support
  • And help us grow this website and community
Popular

Premium Member

Exclusive member-only content
€97 Year
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • And help us grow this website and community

Copyright © 2022 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online