VFS SF Processing Time to PT Embassy for D7 Visa – Visas, Residency & Citizenship – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

VFS SF Processing Time to PT Embassy for D7 Visa

4 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
Premium Member
Topic starter
(@dyann)

For those interested in the the timing of the D7 process.  My VFS appointment, in San Francisco, was November 3rd.  I received an email confirming my application was sent to the Embassy of PT November 24th.  I don't know how this timeline compares to "typical" or others' experiences but FYI.  

I'm a bit concerned how the current processing backlog AND the upcoming six-week strike will impact my D7 application but what can you do, right?  Anyway, good luck.  If you have any questions about my process, I'm happy to share.  

3 Replies

VIP Member
(@jonesdn2020)

Wow! That is scary. We applied at VFS in SF on Dec 15, 2021, and got the email about the consulate getting our application the next day. I am encouraging folks to take the same path we did and apply at VFS and leave when your lease starts. Keep your passports! When approved you have 90 days to return and get it.

Our lease started on Dec 1 so we came here on Dec 31. 

2 Replies
Premium Member
(@dyann)

@jonesdn2020 -

Yikes!  That is scary.  I figured the "system being down" during my appointment would impact things negatively but wow, a 19-day delay is pathetic.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised given it's been 2.5 months and I'm still waiting on a refund from VFS (for charging me twice for my appointment).  They are certainly the worst company with which I've ever been forced work.  

Given this delay, the current backlog and the strike, I can't even guess when I'll have a D7 or a SEF appointment.  Glad I'm not in a hurry.  

VIP Member
(@jonesdn2020)

@dyann There is certainly two categories for folks. We had no place to live in the US and an apartment in Lisbon. Coming here and waiting the process out was our only path.

If folks have the ability to wait it out then good for them. Either way never turn over your passport unless they demand it.  

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Join our community for Free, or subscribe for exclusive member-only content, support and hundreds of €’s in savings

Your membership comes with a 14-day, no-risk, money back guarantee. Love it or we’ll refund your money.

Community Member

Full access to our community Forum
FREE
  • Full access to community Forum

Premium Member

Exclusive member-only content
€97 Year
  • Full access to community Forum
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal" guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Guaranteed entry to our Migration Tuesdays Visa & Immigration Show
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • And help us grow this website and community
Popular

Premium Plus

• We are no longer taking applicants for this program
  • Look out for new features on our new site coming soon