cherry trees – Self-Sufficiency Organic Gardening – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either log in or register to join in the conversation.

If you are a forum member from the old site and have not reset your password yet, please click on "Lost your password?" on the login page.

Live and Invest Portugal

cherry trees  

VIP Member
(@margaret-and-dave)
Reputable Member

After bumper crops over the past few years my cherry tree has no fruit this year. Can anyone tell me why it should have stopped producing fruit?

3 Replies
VIP Member
(@old-bloke)
Noble Member

Our morello cherry trees are fine and fully laden but they blossom later than our standard red cherrys which have no fruit.
Our apple, pear, peach & plum trees have nothing this year and our lemon & lime trees are lacking compared to previous years.
A PT friend of ours who lives at a much lower altitude as us told us that he and his neighbours are all lamenting the lack of fruit growth this year but was unable to offer an explanation for it.
Mrs OB & I have put it down to the wet weather at the time the trees were in blossom stopping the bees from flying and pollenating the flowers but we're open to more informed opinion on the matter.

VIP Member
(@margaret-and-dave)
Reputable Member

Thank you, that makes sense. There wasn't as much blossom this year and the weather has been dreadful. Unlike you, our lemon trees have a good crop this year, better than usual in fact.

VIP Member
(@shepherdess)
Reputable Member

This was posted last week in the Portugal News: http://www.theportugalnews.com/news/por ... ears/38610

Ei! Migration Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

• Receive exclusive member benefits from our partners: view current offers
      • Priority access to our Zoom meet-ups and webinars
      • Join any Group within our Online Community
      • Include your local events in our events calendar
      • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
I WANT TO BE A PREMIUM MEMBEROnly €25 per year
Share:

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online