Greenhouse – Self-Sufficiency Organic Gardening – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either log in or register to join in the conversation.

If you are a forum member from the old site and have not reset your password yet, please click on "Lost your password?" on the login page.

Explorations Africa Banner Ad

Greenhouse  

Page 1 / 2

shll
VIP Member
(@shll)
Trusted Member

Ola.... we want to put up a greenhouse.. Jardim da estufa.. but have been to Leroy Merlin in Coimbra and asked around at local outdoor shops but no one seems to have glass greenhouses. At Leroy we could not find anything we thought would work well.

We have some quite intense winds up here on the mountain side and I am a bit worried. Can we get a heavy duty poly tunnel with strong frames.. This site seems quite good.

https://www.olx.pt/ads/q-estufas/

I would love to hear about others experience.

Ricardo and Sue

5 Replies
VIP Member
(@potty)
Eminent Member

I've never seen a glass greenhouse in Portugal, they tend to be very expensive, most people make their own. There are plenty of free plans on the internet to make simple greenhouses. I've made one from a couple of sheets of cattle fencing heavy duty plastic sheet and timber for the door and window. It didn't cost me more than 100 euros.

shll
VIP Member
(@shll)
Trusted Member

I am still looking out for a sturdy Greenhouse. It can be very windy where we are so it has to have a strong frame and heavy duty plastic. The ones on the previous link posted look great but I don't get any response??

Leroy Merlin have a few but they don't look that strong..

Feliz Natal
Ricardo

alan
VIP Member
(@alan)
Noble Member

There was an expat here in central Portugal who set up a business supplying such greenhouses. That was nearly 10 years ago.

I have not heard of them for over 5 years, so make your own conclusions.

I made my own with some steel left over when I demolished some outbuildings and clad it in heavy duty plastic.

It is only of use from the end of October until late spring - unless you like cooked lettuce 😉

Alan

ana
VIP Member
(@ana)
Noble Member

I was just looking into Estufas this morning and found this link.

https://www.dancovershop.com/pt/product ... aon08p8haq

Scroll down to see the glass kits, or Google 'estufas kits portugal'

Page 1 / 2

Sovereign Group Leaderboard

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

• Receive exclusive member benefits from our partners: view current offers
      • Priority access to our Zoom meet-ups and webinars
      • Join any Group within our Online Community
      • Include your local events in our events calendar
      • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
I WANT TO BE A PREMIUM MEMBEROnly €25 per year
Share:

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online