Macadamia trees – Self-Sufficiency Organic Gardening – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either log in or register to join in the conversation.

If you are a forum member from the old site and have not reset your password yet, please click on "Lost your password?" on the login page.

Blevins Franks Ad

Macadamia trees  

VIP Member
(@madeira)
Honorable Member

Hello
Does anyone know of a source for buying Macadamia trees?

Thanks

3 Replies
VIP Member
(@global-nomad)
Estimable Member

It depends on how mature you want the plant to be. Seeds/nuts can be easily bought over the internet. If you are happy to go with saplings you may be able to source them on ebay (you can in Australia anyway). However, given that they are native to eastern Australia, I'm not sure how easy it is to source them in Europe. These guys operate out of Tenerife which is fairly near your neck of the woods: http://www.canarius.com/en/

VIP Member
(@madeira)
Honorable Member

Thanks, global. Have looked at theirs and they disavow any responsibility for them arriving in Portugal and want 100€ order before shipping etc. Have not had good vibs with them in the past. Was hoping to find someone on the continent.

Would you know whether in AU they usually plant all grafted trees, or is that a late/urban development?

VIP Member
(@global-nomad)
Estimable Member

I'm no expert but you may find something on this site: http://australian-macadamias.org/industry/

Live and Invest Portugal

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

• Receive exclusive member benefits from our partners: view current offers
      • Priority access to our Zoom meet-ups and webinars
      • Join any Group within our Online Community
      • Include your local events in our events calendar
      • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
I WANT TO BE A PREMIUM MEMBEROnly €25 per year
Share:

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online