Olives are already mature, what to do? – Self-Sufficiency Organic Gardening – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either log in or register to join in the conversation.

If you are a forum member from the old site and have not reset your password yet, please click on "Lost your password?" on the login page.

Ei! Migration Banner

Olives are already mature, what to do?  

shll
VIP Member
(@shll)
Trusted Member

Ola

Last year our olives were ready in November (which I am told is normal) but this year 50-75% of our trees the olives have turned black and some are coming off the trees. The trees are super healthy as far as we can tell. This is a month early. I was told the pressing plant in Oliveira do Hospital does not even open for another month or so.

Is this happening to anyone else in the area (Penalva da Alva)?? What to do? Harvest now and hold onto them in a cool dry place until the plant opens??

Obrigado
ricardo

2 Replies
VIP Member
(@the-arborist)
Honorable Member

I drove past the v d mato/ midoes mill and it was open with pick ups and trucks waiting outside.

alan
VIP Member
(@alan)
Noble Member

Yes, I was there this morning to collect my Aguadente from their still They confirm that the olive press is open and running.

There is rain forecast for next week, so now is a good time to harvest the olives.

Alan

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

• Receive exclusive member benefits from our partners: view current offers
      • Priority access to our Zoom meet-ups and webinars
      • Join any Group within our Online Community
      • Include your local events in our events calendar
      • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
I WANT TO BE A PREMIUM MEMBEROnly €25 per year
Share:

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online