Purchase and use of pesticides, fungicides, herbicides etc – Self-Sufficiency Organic Gardening – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either log in or register to join in the conversation.

If you are a forum member from the old site and have not reset your password yet, please click on "Lost your password?" on the login page.

Ei! Migration Banner

Purchase and use of pesticides, fungicides, herbicides etc  

Page 1 / 3

alan
VIP Member
(@alan)
Noble Member

If you want to buy, or use, any of the nasty chemicals that are needed to protect your crops, there is a new law which comes into force in November. You will need a permit called a cartão de aplicador

See details at http://snaa.dgav.pt/docs/FORMAÇAÕ.pdf

To obtain this permit you must attend a course (curso) of 36 hours, and will cost you about 70€.

If you are over 65, then a test of competency ( prova de conhecimentos) is needed instead. This will cost 12.50€.

To enrol in a class, or take the test, ask at your local supplier, or junta de freguesia.

Alan

11 Replies
VIP Member
(@madeira)
Honorable Member

Hi Alan,
Thanks for that info. Can't get the link to work. Can you check it?

alan
VIP Member
(@alan)
Noble Member

I have edited my post with the link. http://snaa.dgav.pt/docs/FORMA ÇAÕ.pdf, but cannot get it to display properly. You willl need to cut and paste :(

VIP Member
(@madeira)
Honorable Member

Thanks Alan,

Got your link to work with cut and paste.

Do you know if round-up/glyphosate is included, and what is meant by professional use?

I have a hard time envisioning every farmer here qualifying, since many do not write or read sufficiently for courses or tests, plus the cost. Does that may mean they will have to buy a more dilute/costlier form?

Also can't get the link to course organizers to work - even with cut and paste. Do you have an alternate list?

Thanks

alan
VIP Member
(@alan)
Noble Member

The new law comes into effect on 26 November.

It seems to be taken seriously, a village here has over 70 enrolled for their course.

More details are at http://www.drapc.min-agricultura.pt/drapc/servicos/desenvolvimento/files/uso_sustentavel_prod_fitofarmaceuticos.pdf

Ask your supplier if in doubt.

Alan

Page 1 / 3

Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

• Receive exclusive member benefits from our partners: view current offers
      • Priority access to our Zoom meet-ups and webinars
      • Join any Group within our Online Community
      • Include your local events in our events calendar
      • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
I WANT TO BE A PREMIUM MEMBEROnly €25 per year
Share:

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online