Rules for building a water store/pond? – Self-Sufficiency Organic Gardening – Expats Portugal Community Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Explorations Africa Banner Ad

Rules for building a water store/pond?  

arlo
VIP Member
(@arlo)
Estimable Member

Hi,

I have a stream that runs through my field which dries up for the summer.

I'd like to get a digger in and put in a pond of some sort to store water for the summer (watering crops).

I went to the camara (Lousa) today and was told I need to get an architect's (ie not my) drawing and then pay 60 euros for a permit (or just to start to apply?).

The field is about 30x30 metres and I was thinking of about 5x5 metres for the pond.

We didn't even get as far as discussing the pond size and construction.

If it's a hole in the ground lined with butyl rubber how can an architect come up with a drawing?

Has anyone done something similar. Do you really need all this faff in order to save some water (which will also be available for the bombeiros if there's a fire).

Any idea of the consequences if I dig a hole and line and fill it?

As far as I can tell I could dig a hole in the ground without permission and the hole could fill with rain. The issue seems to be around lining the hole.

Mia Esmeriz Acadamy Banner 1

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for limited access to the forum and meet-ups.

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks:

• Receive over €300+ worth of exclusive member benefits from our partners (view current member perks and benefits)
  • Priority access to our Zoom meet-ups and webinars (visit our What’s On Calendar for our next online events)
  • Browse the forum with no advertising (only see or partners)
  • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
  • Get 10% discount off Ask Our Expats services
  • Buy and sell items in our Classifieds forum
  • And last but not least, shout Astrid, Gerry & Carl a beer on Friday 🙂
Join TodayOnly €25 per year

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online